What Do We Need?

1876Jag

Well, now the mist is beginning to clear a little.

After trying different scenarios it appears we need 2 pts from the next two games to be safe without relying on others.

One point from the two remaining games would leave us open to losing out on goal difference on the final day.

Don't want to dwell on that thought too long!

One point from the remaining two games will be enough as long as Killie don't win tomorrow night.

Or taken our chances against Killie in regular season.

Or given Hibs the duffing they deserved when they won 1-0 at Firhill.

And not shipped a late goal to Hearts at Firhill early season. Or not given away ridiculous goals to County when we were 3-1 up.

Or not given away a mad penalty against St. Mirren the other week.....

Or buried ICT at Firhill when we ought to have.....

Or had a ref who noticed Jim Goodwin's blatant handball.....

There have been more games where we ought to have picked up points than games where we were lucky to get them. We're still in the mix and could still finish 7th. With marginal improvements and better concentration, we could be in a far better position than we are. If the players can make those improvements, and the squad is strengthened, we can have a more successful season next year.

There's still till a lot to do to win top Division stautus, but it's in the hands of the players. Collectively and individually, there have been mistakes, but there's been a lot of hard work and good football too. I'm sure they can do it. Hopefully tomorrow night rather than Saturday!

Absolutely must play better than they did last time out against Hearts, though!

• Like 1

No idea how it'll go but we need at most 2 points, maybe just 1, with a slight chance we don't need any.

We should beat Ross County at home since they've nothing to play for and it could be our most important match of the season. I can't see us losing on Saturday anyway.

Killie v St. Mirren's so important. Obviously we can put it to bed with a win tomorrow anyway, but I have a feeling we're going to lose. Hearts are on some run of form.

We should be delighted with a point.

A Happy Wednesday ,

We win or draw, Killie lose

A Happy Saturday

we beat RC in a carefree Saturday kickabout and finish 8th or win both our last two games and finish equal with ST M on points (41), but having disposed of RC 6-2 and Hearts hammering STM in the last game we find ourselves in 7TH place cash prize.

and so to bed to sleep perchance to dream.

Edited by banderas

Surely a point makes us safe tonight, even if Kilmarnock win provided it's not by more than 2 goals. If they win 2-0 and we draw;

Thistle 36pts GD -20

Killie. 36pts GD -21

Hibs. 35pts. GD -19

If this happens only one of them can catch us as they play each other. Or am I having a nightmare with the figures here?

Surely a point makes us safe tonight, even if Kilmarnock win provided it's not by more than 2 goals. If they win 2-0 and we draw;

Thistle 36pts GD -20

Killie. 36pts GD -21

Hibs. 35pts. GD -19

If this happens only one of them can catch us as they play each other. Or am I having a nightmare with the figures here?

In this scenario, they can both catch us by drawing.

Thistle 36pts GD -20

Killie. 36pts GD -21

Hibs. 35pts. GD -19

If they were to draw and we lose on the final day,we would remain above Hibs on goals scored provided we lost by only the single goal. If we were to lose by more, both would overtake us.

If they were to draw and we lose on the final day,we would remain above Hibs on goals scored provided we lost by only the single goal. If we were to lose by more, both would overtake us.

If we lose and Hibs draw Hibs goal difference would be better than ours so they would finish above us.

By my calculations 4 pints and 4 haufs could be enough. Might require 35ml measures just to be on the safe side.

By my calculations I can afford another drink!!

I'll drink when I want

I'll drink when I want

I had to listen to the match on the radio

I'll drink when I want

:fan::partyhat::drink2::fan::party::cheers: