Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

rumour is board have decided to eject the vocal support from north stand for next season and give it up to away supports.

short term blind nonsense from the board.

last season the north stand was #12th man.

next season we are surrendering that advantage and focal point.

shameful disgrace.

hang your heads in shame ptfc board.

KEEP THE NORTH STAND RED AND YELLOW

THE NORTH STAND IS OURS

• Like 5

rumour is board have decided to eject the vocal support from north stand for next season and give it up to away supports.

short term blind nonsense from the board.

last season the north stand was #12th man.

next season we are surrendering that advantage and focal point.

shameful disgrace.

hang your heads in shame ptfc board.

KEEP THE NORTH STAND RED AND YELLOW

THE NORTH STAND IS OURS

Good post. I dont sit there but the support from it gives the teams a massive lift.

Anybody start a petition surely the club wouldnt be able to ignore that?

Good post. I dont sit there but the support from it gives the teams a massive lift.

Anybody start a petition surely the club wouldnt be able to ignore that?

They ignored the last one, they will ignore this one, they don't care that is apparent.

Beattie only ever appears to lap up the glory,

i think the north standers made their opinions loudly and clearly known in second half. ignore it at your peril beattie.

the rumours/story is true, and what i heard at halftime to confirm it has many shameful (and shockingly shortsighted) elements and farcical reasoning to it, which i'm sure will come out from ian_mac and pottytrained when they get to post here, and who were the two fans summoned prematch to a meeting with maxi, where they were told decision had already been made, no discussions with fans. only reason pt and i_m were told was to try sell it to the fans with no fuss, as if we are all mugs. pt and i_m apparently told them to ram it, quite rightly.

jhs and ns attendees need to stand together as one and fight to correct this wrong, for multiple reasons.

• Like 2

it would make me consider not renewing ma season ticket, its a massive kick in the chuckies to every supporter this season hoo has stuck by the team thru thick an thin an sung there wee hearts out to the bitter end. why do we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot? sorry to say it but Beattie must go, he is not in tune with the rest of us.

• Like 1

That would be a ridiculous decision and would show that the board haven't learned from last season. I was supportive of the board last summer giving them the benefit of the doubt when things didn't go smoothly,but if this goes ahead it would be really disappointing.

You've got to hand it to Beattie - he's really got that knack of shafting our loyal supporters when you least expect it.

He wasn't shy in mixing with the fans when we were in the 1st division, sucking up to us at every given opportunity, saying how valuable we were. Since we've reached the SPFL, he's disappeared like snow off a dyke.

I won't be attending another home game if he doesn't see sense and change his mind. I won't hold my breath though - the man's an arrogant arse and a disgrace.

**** off Beattie.

Can confirm that myself and PT were asked to meet with Ian Maxwell this morning before the match.

It was a lengthly meeting which almost involved us missing kick off. Once I have more time I will try and piece together how the meeting went. All I can really say at the moment is that I've never felt so deflated in my life as I did leaving that meeting.

Ironically the first sight we saw upon leaving the meeting was a lengthly queue of folk waiting to get in to the north stand.

Couldn't really enjoy the game at all today if I'm honest. Didn't intend to tell anyone till after the game but a few close friends noticed that something was wrong with both of us and I felt we had to tell them. Soon after that word spread like wildfire.

The response from the whole north stand in the 2nd half was something I did not expect at all. It actually left me with a lump in my throat. 25 minutes of non-stop singing. It left me feeling like we could maybe fight this.

At this point in time I can't see myself returning to Firhill unless this decision is reversed. I can not, and will not return to the way things were 2 years ago.

Thanks to everyone in the north stand for the support today.

• Like 10

I will be disgusted with Beattie and Co if they evict our loyal and vocal North Stand support. I genuinely believe having our noisiest fans there helps the team. Hope sense prevails and they keep the set up as it has been this season.

Can confirm that myself and PT were asked to meet with Ian Maxwell this morning before the match.

It was a lengthly meeting which almost involved us missing kick off. Once I have more time I will try and piece together how the meeting went. All I can really say at the moment is that I've never felt so deflated in my life as I did leaving that meeting.

Ironically the first sight we saw upon leaving the meeting was a lengthly queue of folk waiting to get in to the north stand.

Couldn't really enjoy the game at all today if I'm honest. Didn't intend to tell anyone till after the game but a few close friends noticed that something was wrong with both of us and I felt we had to tell them. Soon after that word spread like wildfire.

The response from the whole north stand in the 2nd half was something I did not expect at all. It actually left me with a lump in my throat. 25 minutes of non-stop singing. It left me feeling like we could maybe fight this.

At this point in time I can't see myself returning to Firhill unless this decision is reversed. I can not, and will not return to the way things were 2 years ago.

Thanks to everyone in the north stand for the support today.

It would be interesting to hear their reasons for this apparently unpopular decision.

You've got to hand it to Beattie - he's really got that knack of shafting our loyal supporters when you least expect it.

He wasn't shy in mixing with the fans when we were in the 1st division, sucking up to us at every given opportunity, saying how valuable we were. Since we've reached the SPFL, he's disappeared like snow off a dyke.

I won't be attending another home game if he doesn't see sense and change his mind. I won't hold my breath though - the man's an arrogant arse and a disgrace.

**** off Beattie.

Don't agree with moving the fans from the north stand, not a good decision but that's a stinking post to be fair....you won't go to another game if u have to sit in another part of the ground?really? Is watching your team not more important than that?

• Like 1

It was rousing stuff after half time and word had filtered through the north stand, I don't know if the players could tell what was being said, but regardless it seemed the constant noise and chants had a positive effect. With that in mind, I don't understand this decision at all. Really disappointing to end a season this way after the highs of Wednesday night.

• Like 1

If this is not the BoD's putting their head in the Lions mouth, I simply don't know what is. I can't believe any properly run business would purposely put themselves at odds with a substantial section of their core customer base, for absolutely no reason. If they have a good reason, then I cannot think of one that would be so sensitive that it cannot be transmitted to its own customers. Its worse if its about not having the cash to upgrade facilities in TNS, since they'd be saying tht they weren't of a high enough standard for visiting fans, but are good enough for Thistle supporters. This is shooting yourself in the foot big style, and I for one won't be renewing my season ticket until we recieve some clarification, one way or the other.

In all honesty I'll probaly renew it anyway, but talk about a day taking the wind out of your sails...

Edited by stillresigned

Is this to do with the main stand needing lots of work?

Is it a temporary thing until this work is done?

What is the other option for housing away fans ( using part of the JH stand)?

Got to say i thought the North Stand made a fair bit of noise today and the only atmosphere created was from there.

Thistle surely must try to keep their most vocal fans here unless they have to move them.

Don't agree with moving the fans from the north stand, not a good decision but that's a stinking post to be fair....you won't go to another game if u have to sit in another part of the ground?really? Is watching your team not more important than that?

Are you Beattie in disguise?

Going to watch Thistle used to be a chore cos there wis no atmosphere, nothing to want ye keep going back. With the North Stand its like night and day. Not going to the game is unthinkable now and even if ye get beat at least ye get a gid sing song. Its a disaster fir everyone if this happens, not just the fans but for the whole club in general. I hope Archie comes out and says something. He must. As manager of the team surely he sees the benefit it has on everyone. The papers are full of them praising the fans, now get yer fingers oot and start putting us first.

this farcical and ill thought out decision of the boards, is not just about those who choose to sit in the ns. it should be of equal concern to those who sit in jhs. as well as the players and the management.

beattie and his sidekicks of yesmen have proven time and again they do not understand the partick thistle support, and they consistently make decisions on the hoof with no thought or footballing reason as to how their blindness and stupidity has negative impact on goodwill gained, loyalty to club and backing of the support, the clubs customer base and ultimate lifeblood of our great club.

you can only kick a dog so many times, and every dog reaches a point where rather than take another kicking, it runs away and doesn't come back.

LISTEN TO THE PARTICK THISTLE FANS.

this is OUR club, not david beattie and other non shareholders plaything.