Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

What sections of the main stand would they be giving us?

Would it be a case of we get moved if the away team need more seats?

I wont there - it really is horrible! Although the option of main stand or JHS really is a dire choice.

Imagine the north stand with teams that bring no away fans - County, Hamilton (If the come up) etc, Dreadful decision.

I think the plan is for ALL games the fans will be in the main stand

So, all in all, nothing learned about why this decision was made. Not having a go at you, Dave, but that meeting sounds like a complete joke. Calling it a business decision is as vague as it's possible for them to be. Then again, they're right, it is a business decision - an absolutely terrible one which looks like it could hit them in the pocket.

Even if you're disinterested in the plight of the Jags fans in the North Stand you should perhaps be concerned about re-purchasing a season ticket. Can you honestly believe that a club that thinks nothing of shifting 600 or so of its valued (ha!) customers would give a toss about shifting individual ST holders on some passing notion?

I'll take PT's direct quote from Ian Maxwell "you need to remember, this is a business" as gospel. Can there be a managing director of any other business that would have such scant regard for (guesstimate here) 20-25% of its regular custom?.

• Like 1

Even if you're disinterested in the plight of the Jags fans in the North Stand you should perhaps be concerned about re-purchasing a season ticket. Can you honestly believe that a club that thinks nothing of shifting 600 or so of its valued (ha!) customers would give a toss about shifting individual ST holders on some passing notion?

I'll take PT's direct quote from Ian Maxwell "you need to remember, this is a business" as gospel. Can there be a managing director of any other business that would have such scant regard for (guesstimate here) 20-25% of its regular custom?.

^^^This is exactly it^^^

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes AGAIN for the day

i get that. But I wonder what sections of Main stand they will put us in and if the main stand would then also house overflow for away fans if that makes sense?

I was about to say,it will prob b where we were for both Celtic games (beside NS) but then saw your overflow comment,which does make sense btw. Maybe it'll b NS for away fans and that's it,no more.

I was about to say,it will prob b where we were for both Celtic games (beside NS) but then saw your overflow comment,which does make sense btw. Maybe it'll b NS for away fans and that's it,no more.

My thinking was if they can shift you once, they will shift you again. They clearly don't care about what the fans think.

I'm wondering if a plan of action can be devised over the summer to have this decision reversed? Obviously, I hate to withhold Season Ticket money from the club which could strengthen our squad, but I fear that is the only solution to rectify this problem...and needs must.

The problem is, Season Ticket money would need to be held back en-masse by North Stand holders to have the desired effect, but I do feel enough people feel strongly to make that a possibility.

Why don't we give the whole of the JHS to the board and their pals, give the NS to the away fans and leave the crumbling main stand with the most disgusting toilets you could ever imagine to the support that keeps the club afloat as a going concern and gives them 100% support .....sorted!

Edited by Lindau

I'm wondering if a plan of action can be devised over the summer to have this decision reversed? Obviously, I hate to withhold Season Ticket money from the club which could strengthen our squad, but I fear that is the only solution to rectify this problem...and needs must.

The problem is, Season Ticket money would need to be held back en-masse by North Stand holders to have the desired effect, but I do feel enough people feel strongly to make that a possibility.

And JHS holders, if they can move the NS, they can move more (Or All) of the JHS for Celtic coming or cause the moon is in the western equinox or for whatever reason they feel.

This needs to be stopped now before it escalates to the board doing anything it wishes

Edited by Norgethistle
  • Like 1

And JHS holders, if they can move the NS, they can move more (Or All) of the JHS for Celtic coming or cause the moon is in the western equinox or for whatever reason they feel.

This needs to be stopped now before it escalates to the board doing anything it wishes

Just shows you what a frivolous commodity the supporters really are. The second the club sees a little success, it throws the very fans who got them there to the curb.

Ian and myself received a text on Thursday afternoon from Ian Maxwell, the club's Managing Director, asking us to attend a meeting for half an hour, before the game on Saturday. No information was provided regarding the nature of the meeting, purely that it was "to discuss next season".

Attending the meeting were Ian Maxwell, myself & Ian Mac. Lance Gilmour, Partick Thistle's Matchday Operations Director joined for the last 10 minutes.

We were advised that the club wants to progress, and to allow the club to progress, one thing that would be required, would be to move the NS singing section to the main stand permanently. A couple of other reasons were given, which quite frankly I don't have the balls to repeat for fear of making the club look even more ridiculous than the afore mentioned reason makes them look.

Ian and I were quite vocal in our dismay and objection, raising concerns that this could have major repercussions for the club both in perception and financially. We provided alternative solutions, but it fell on deaf ears, this was not a chance for us to discuss or alter a decision.

As mentioned early, lance attended with ten minutes to go, but served only to repeat verbatim, what Ian Maxwell had told us, the synic in me would suggest they were well prepared and if I had looked on the wall behind me I'd have probably seen a script. It's a pity they didn't offer us the same courtesy of being able to prepare.

Partick Thistle still have not shown the fans the courtesy of making an official statement on this, they have put all the weight on two fans shoulders, maybe Lance will choose to post on this thread at some point?

What does the future hold if the club ignore the fans? In my opinion they have played a blinder here, without a doubt discussions have been ongoing about this for quite some time, this wasn't just thought up on Thursday morning, they deliberately chose to wait until 45 minutes before kick off on the last game of the season, knowing that fans would not be meeting up face to face for 2 months and that season tickets will be launched tomorrow.

They can counter that they have stated nothing officially, that the only reason this is in the public domain is because of Ian and I. That shows the respect they have for Ian and I, that they would chose to burden us with this information and leave it down to us to keep this quiet. It's worth noting that at no point were we told to keep this information to ourselves for a period of time.

Ian and I offered to, but once in the ground, it was difficult to hide the emotion from our faces, I won't lie, as I stood at the back of the north stand at kick off all sorts of emotions were running through me, but as the second half kicked off it was filled with pride as the stand, to a man, made their feelings known.

The club didn't ruin the last game of the season by making an official statement, they let Ian and I do it, very gracious of them.

As things stand, the north stand averages about 600 per game, 250 season ticket holders, 350 PATG. As Ian Maxwell put it, "you need to remember, this is a business". Well they need to remember, this is a football club, and without fans, there is no business.

So are the BoD saying they can sell more tickets overall if the NS jags fans are housed in the main stand and visiting fans in the NS? If so, how much more money have they calculated will this bring in over the season? If, on the face of it, this swap works financially what have the BoD said in relation to any financial gain against the loss of goodwill from Thistle fans generally and the likely detrimental effect on match atmosphere on the team? Very very poor from the BoD kicking a NS success into touch.

I'm wondering if a plan of action can be devised over the summer to have this decision reversed? Obviously, I hate to withhold Season Ticket money from the club which could strengthen our squad, but I fear that is the only solution to rectify this problem...and needs must. The problem is, Season Ticket money would need to be held back en-masse by North Stand holders to have the desired effect, but I do feel enough people feel strongly to make that a possibility.

it's not just ns st holders, its jhs st holders who need to support this action too. we should ALL be in this together, standing shoulder to shoulder, and the rest what i said in season ticket poll thread less than two hours ago..

as the banner at end of game said ..... UNITED WE STAND

• Like 2

PT: I don't think you should spare Maxi full exposure of the rationale he offered. It's not your job to save his face. The "it's a business" line is so utterly patronising, not least because of the appalling customer care doled out by the business Ian Maxwell is charged with running.

Unimpressed by the "strategising" too, but at least the timing gives the fans the opportunity to use season ticket renewal (or not) as leverage. Tried signing one of the petitions and something went wrong. Will try again.

You know what will come next from upstairs. Nobody buys season tickets and you can wave bye bye to the like of Taylor coming back or Higgy getting an extension etc etc. Can spot it a mile away!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

You know what will come next from upstairs. Nobody buys season tickets and you can wave bye bye to the like of Taylor coming back or Higgy getting an extension etc etc. Can spot it a mile away!

the only ones hurting the club and causing this, is beattie and the board. simple enough for them to rectify their wrong.

the only ones hurting the club and causing this, is beattie and the board. simple enough for them to rectify their wrong.

Totally agree Yoda, but you can see it a mile off. It will be the fans fault if we withhold ticket money and the club misses out on transfer targets. This is the main reason why this can't be allowed to drag on and on. The board must act now to reverse the decision or give the fans full details of why this is happening

I usually PATG but because of the great last two seasons I was going to get a season ticket for the North Stand, but now this ridiculous decision has put an end to my whole match day experience. There is no doubt in my mind this has come from other clubs complaining to our club of the facilities that we provide to their fans.

The first Celtic game I went to the main stand and hated it for the same reasons that any away fans would, the second Celtic game I was In the JHS close to the Celtic fans although some of their songs were not to my liking after 40 odd years i tend not to react as I would in my younger days and my point is no one goes to the Main Stand we all take over the North end of the JHS as they will not dicate where I will sit and after a couple of games Mr.Beattie might have a change of heart. I will buy a season ticket and i will attend and sing my heart out in support of my team until I die !! If I DIE.

According to a jags fan on P&B the Evening Times are running something on the North Stand tomorrow!

It'd better be good to reverse the feeling of dismay this is causing.

If the board have such contempt for us, and it Partick Thistle is just a business as they say, then everyone must meaningfully threaten to withhold their custom.

The timing of this announcement shows nothing but cowardice on behalf of the board, and contempt for their customer base, hoping that the Summer break will cool temperatures.

If Tesco decided to put pish in their milk bottles instead of milk, you'd just stop buying it.

We were advised that the club wants to progress, and to allow the club to progress, one thing that would be required, would be to move the NS singing section to the main stand permanently. A couple of other reasons were given, which quite frankly I don't have the balls to repeat for fear of making the club look even more ridiculous than the afore mentioned reason makes them look.

It's true what they say - money and power really do corrupt people. Lance and Maxi. F@ck sake. They get given titles and are comfortable representing this crap to PT and IM.

Not having a go at you PT but don't know who you think you are protecting - we'd be as well knowing the full story and reasons behind them. I'm sure we'd rather hear it from you - at least you are trusted and you won't be telling us anything that is untrue. Let us know how ridiculous the boards reasoning is. Or do they get a chance to read this forum and make a sanitised statement and the truth about their planning is suppressed? Many people are saying they'll be here long after the current board are gone and this is true - why let such temporary custodians 'off the hook'?

Anyway, I'd rather have the facts that can let me make a decision about what I do with my cash - reading the forum I can see many have opinions on this, but without the facts a lot of it is speculation. Can we please have the full story from you or Ian - I'm sure the club will have a statement soon and I'd rather know if it was truthful or disingenuous.

It's true what they say - money and power really do corrupt people. Lance and Maxi. F@ck sake. They get given titles and are comfortable representing this crap to PT and IM.

Not having a go at you PT but don't know who you think you are protecting - we'd be as well knowing the full story and reasons behind them. I'm sure we'd rather hear it from you - at least you are trusted and you won't be telling us anything that is untrue. Let us know how ridiculous the boards reasoning is. Or do they get a chance to read this forum and make a sanitised statement and the truth about their planning is suppressed? Many people are saying they'll be here long after the current board are gone and this is true - why let such temporary custodians 'off the hook'?

Anyway, I'd rather have the facts that can let me make a decision about what I do with my cash - reading the forum I can see many have opinions on this, but without the facts a lot of it is speculation. Can we please have the full story from you or Ian - I'm sure the club will have a statement soon and I'd rather know if it was truthful or disingenuous.

Ok, you asked for it...

Because it takes the office 3 weeks to prepare for a Celtic game, moving us permanently will alleviate some of the workload from the office as they won't need to contact 250 season ticket holders about moving.