Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

Don't agree with moving the fans from the north stand, not a good decision but that's a stinking post to be fair....you won't go to another game if u have to sit in another part of the ground?really? Is watching your team not more important than that?

It's much, much more than being moved to another part of the ground. It's the fact that loyal fans are being treated like shite that riles me and it's not the first time it's happened under that chairman of ours.

• Like 2

Are you Beattie in disguise?

Going to watch Thistle used to be a chore cos there wis no atmosphere, nothing to want ye keep going back. With the North Stand its like night and day. Not going to the game is unthinkable now and even if ye get beat at least ye get a gid sing song. Its a disaster fir everyone if this happens, not just the fans but for the whole club in general. I hope Archie comes out and says something. He must. As manager of the team surely he sees the benefit it has on everyone. The papers are full of them praising the fans, now get yer fingers oot and start putting us first.

Aye it's me, you've rumbled me......read my post again, I don't agree with this decision, it's obviously not a good one and it seems to have been really badly managed and communicated but I can't believe people would stop going to games due to it....

Perhaps I am in the minority of folk on here with that view but I go for the football and to watch our team play good football above anything else...

Aye it's me, you've rumbled me......read my post again, I don't agree with this decision, it's obviously not a good one and it seems to have been really badly managed and communicated but I can't believe people would stop going to games due to it....

Perhaps I am in the minority of folk on here with that view but I go for the football and to watch our team play good football above anything else...

Disgraceful Beattie.

It's much, much more than being moved to another part of the ground. It's the fact that loyal fans are being treated like shite that riles me and it's not the first time it's happened under that chairman of ours.

Tell you are p*ssed off and agree it is rubbish from those running the club right now, I think there has been progress in recent years and they don't help themselves with this sort of thing BUT you surely can't let this stop u going to see your team?

Players, managers, chairmen...they all come and go....thistle fans we will all always be.

Can confirm that myself and PT were asked to meet with Ian Maxwell this morning before the match.

It was a lengthly meeting which almost involved us missing kick off. Once I have more time I will try and piece together how the meeting went. All I can really say at the moment is that I've never felt so deflated in my life as I did leaving that meeting.

Ironically the first sight we saw upon leaving the meeting was a lengthly queue of folk waiting to get in to the north stand.

Couldn't really enjoy the game at all today if I'm honest. Didn't intend to tell anyone till after the game but a few close friends noticed that something was wrong with both of us and I felt we had to tell them. Soon after that word spread like wildfire.

The response from the whole north stand in the 2nd half was something I did not expect at all. It actually left me with a lump in my throat. 25 minutes of non-stop singing. It left me feeling like we could maybe fight this.

At this point in time I can't see myself returning to Firhill unless this decision is reversed. I can not, and will not return to the way things were 2 years ago.

Thanks to everyone in the north stand for the support today.

ian

what reasons were given? there must be something behind it - have they been told to take away fans out the main stand? told to provide stand as segregation?

The reason BOD'S get away with things like this is that they relying on fans loyalty and hope they will turn up to support the team no matter how they are treated. If some people feel strongly enough and wish not to attend games because the feel they have been mistreated then so be it. I can understand their reasoning. Hopefully instead people will come together and stand up to this decision and common sense will prevail.

• Like 1

While I can see your point, that it shouldn't stop fans supporting the team. But it does show the gravity of the situation, for many fans and I include myself in that, the North Stand is something special to us now and for that to be taken away... It's a dagger through the heart of this section of support. I really hope we stay in the North Stand. It would be a huge blow not to have the home fans behind the goal to help fire the players up and intimidate the opposing teams.

Hope the thread doesn't end up in the usual arguments, we should be united at keeping the North Stand red and yellow.

Words fail me, I have been going to Firhill on and off for the best part of forty years, and the atmosphere in the NS is great.

My seat in the JHS is excellent, great view, nice folk about me, next to the tunnel so it's handy for the toilets and the food stall.

I gladly sacrifice this for the great feeling I get in the NS even at the expense of a poorer view of the whole pitch.

Crazy decision. :angry: :angry:

• Like 1

Instead of a protest petition I'd reverse it. "We the undersigned pledge to renew or buy a season ticket IF the North Stand is kept for Jags fans at all games."

Puts a lot of pounds and pence into the argument and is therefore harder to ignore.

Beattie didn't give a sh!t when all that was mentioned over the way the club was intending to vote over the Rangers situation a few years back.

Come to think of it, I don't think that Beattie ever did say which way he voted choosing instead to send out a garbled coded message instead of a 'yes' or 'no'.

Don't trust him.

Edited by Trotter
  • Like 1

In all my years of following Thistle this is probably the most poorly handled announcement I can recall, which given the lamentable record of this club in its dealings with its supporters is saying quite a lot. Especially, as they've announced the sale of season tickets is to start on Monday, have they being taking lessons in PR from the Easdales?

• Like 1

Disgusted that the board have apparently made this decision without consulting the fans. Outraged that they then have the disgustingly indecent and shamefully tactless temerity to have their general manager do the dirty work, minutes before a game, of not only, breaking the news to two guys who have put alot of heart and effort into making the NS the indisputable PR success that it is, but further asking them to help sell the the idea of killing it, to the rest of the fans who love it. Astonishing.

... ... ... :shocked:

Looking forward to hearing Ian Mac's full report on the matter. Don't know the guy personally but reckon he must be feeling sorely betrayed and disillusioned. It's not down to any individual but I'm sure anyone who's experienced the NS and realises it took some thought and persistance to make it happen, would congratulate and thank you and the others for your part in making it a great place to watch the Jags.

I was sceptical about the NS before it happened. I'm not a big fan of watching games from behind the goal. Even less from behind what will always be to me, the away end ( or as ballboys of a certain vintage may remember, "the big goals" ) . After years without the shed I doubted the Jags fans home passion for vociferious encouragement and vocal battles with the opposition. However, The North Stand has been an undeniably great solution to an obvious problem - a soulless flat Firhill - and totally defied my scepticism. As a pay at the gate supporter for the past 3 seasons, it's now where i choose to go every game I can make.

That said, I love the main stand. A couple of pillars obscuring my view is less of a problem to me than needing bins to see who scored at the far end. I wouldn't mind at all moving there. I thought the atmosphere at the celtic game was splendid. I've thought the away supports of Hearts, Aberdeen, St. Mirren, Killie, Dungdee u-sh1te-eed, Motherwell... have all made a fair din for their teams in there too. Hearts especially at the start of the season outsung us no doubt. Perhaps the sound doesn't reach the JHS quite so well, but it no doubt reaches the players on the pitch. And i reckon there's an wee arguement to be had about whether 2000 away fans are more effective behind a goal or the full length of the pitch....

Anyhoo... regardless of my own opionions that I think the main stand could be just as good for noisy Jagoes as the NS, and that the problem with Firhill is not THE EXCELLENT MAIN STAND :P but actually that the JHS is and always has been about 2000 seats too big ( who wouldn't prefer a 4000 seater JHS and 2000 seats on the bing?)... The "custodians" have f**ked up on this.

Breathtaking Bawbaggery.

:fan:

I've never sat in the NS and not likely to. However the fans in there create a great atmosphere. I'm pretty sure if the players were asked they would say it makes a big difference to them. A bizarre decision to change this. Ridiculous not even to consult before making the decision For sure some fans will be lost to the club as a result. Very poor from our BoD .

Feel bad for the guys that put so much effort into this - serious shitebaggery from the board. Since the NS move happened I've never been anywhere else. As people have said, the atmosphere makes it fun to go to the game - previously it was a chore. It's not an exaggeration to say that I'll attend less games if I can't be in the NS - it's just not worth paying £20 otherwise.

I'll be writing to the club tomorrow to express my disgust at this move. If any more significant and / or organised protest plans are created then count me in.

If we're talking of not renewing ST's, can I suggest people send something to the club confirming this (I.e. A letter saying they would have bought one, or their renewal for, saying they would have bought one) rather than just not renewing. This makes the level of anger more obvious.

Beattie's the best chairman we've had in years, but he's still a ****.

We seem to be a club which is a mass of contradictions, first of all we watch David Beattie's interview about enhancing the match day experience, trying to be more professional etc etc. Personally speaking I sit in the JHS stand but I appreciate the atmosphere the North Stand generates " to enhance the matchday experience " It's a tough one for the supporters that sit in the North Stand, either go to the antiquated Main Stand where there are limited facilities/ toilets/ running water etc or try to go back to the JHS ! . The North Stand generates the atmosphere for the whole ground , so this decision is ridiculously bad especially as on Monday next seasons tickets are being launched. What we've done already is probably alienate 400/500 supporters and then have the temerity to still ask them to buy season tickets . Massive own goal. To quote Jordanhill Jag " we are a hybrid of a charity/ professional club " , after reading quotes like that nothing surprises me. I wait with baited breath the launch of TAG on Monday with the season tickets . I'll be interested to see Ian Mac's comments re the meeting and the reasons behind it , maybe the police told them to do it !

I won't be renewing my season ticket unless this decision is reversed. I'll still make the odd game but honestly without the atmosphere of the north stand I feel like I'd be just as well watching football on the telly. I've been to soulless stadiums before, I've been to a soulless firhill before, and I have no desire to return to them. If there is a petition going could someone link it and I'll sign it.

I remember the chairman in 2012 announcing the North Stand being for Jags fans saying something along the lines of: "The North Stand will be the Jags fans for ever, regardless of what league we are playing in." (That isn't a direct quotation, but it was to similar effect which I am sure the article on the Official Site from 2012 will testify to).

I love Thistle with all my being, but I was a Jag before Mr.Beattie took over, and I will be a Jags fan after he has stepped down. So to Mr.Beattie, I say this: I refuse to renew my season ticket for next season, and will be offered no substitute seating arrangement, until you reverse this decision. I can't speak for everyone, but I have a feeling a few fellow North Standers will be doing the same.

Edited by Yellow & Redneck
  • Like 3

Three season tickets in the JHS that we’ve never sat in since the boys activated the shed in the NS. Caught up in the atmosphere so much that for the past two seasons sponsored one of the team shirts, even considered for next season taking two of the shirts, but after this news just feel like we’re being sh*t on..Bad Bad news. Will transfer across to the NS and if offered anywhere else then will seriously consider position.