Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

Genuine question, & not doubting he's a Thistle fan, but how much money do you think he's put into the club without looking for a return?

The Weirs are Thistle fans & they've put their money in with the only proviso that it's used to help kids & not spent on anything else.

These guys are all businessmen, Beattie included, & would not have got involved at Boardroom level unless there was something in it for them.

They've stated clearly over the years in charge they're against a 'fan' on the board. Why? I know the reason they've given publicly but that's Beattie all over. He has own agenda.

I'm not saying this decision is or isn't linked to PropCo but we have a chairman & a BoD who are in it to make as much money as they can before moving on.

Custodians.

They'll be long gone when the rest of us are still here (assuming they've left us anything).

How do they make money....always looked to me that bring in the Board cost you money ?

Is the long term plan to demolish the main stand and have a 2 sided stadium? With all Thistle fans in the JHS? With 8,000 seats the JHS and NS have the same capacity as St Mirren.

The BoD need to explain the logic of destroying the current good atmosphere created by NS support and spell out their intention for the stadium re property co,

ian

what reasons were given? there must be something behind it

Bump?

Anyone?

24 hours later and actual details of why this is happening are very thin on the ground.

There must've been some kind of indication given by Maxwell yesterday.

Just some initial thoughts. In order to be able to fight this properly our first aim must be to extract a detailed rationale from the BODs. Ian and PT may have obtained something along these lines from Maxy already, in which case I'm sure they are putting together a report that we can properly scrutinise. But I wouldn't stop there; we need to force the BODs themselves to fully justify the policy. I'd suggest a campaign website be created to accompany the twitter account that has recently been set up. A petition is also an excellent idea, but I'd wait until we have more info then use the supporters clubs, OneThistle and whatever else we can use to promote it.

what's the twitter account name? anyone got a link?

I just home to Dundee, and walking past the Caird Hall, the Dundee players and Paul Hartley were out showing off the Championship trophy to a crowd of fans, thanking their support.

Meanwhile, whilst we all should be basking in the relaxation and triumph of staying up, and talking pish about who to sign next season, we're all on a downer because of this awful feckin' news from our board.

What a shite end to the campaign. THANKS A F**KING LOT, GUYS IN CHARGE

Not doubting anyone's word on here, but I'm surprised at the level of "venom" on here, based on what for the moment is an unexplained and unconfirmed decision. Everyone seems very ready to assume the worst, on the basis of very little. I'll certainly be withholding judgement, and I'd have thought that the success of the season would have bought a bit of goodwill. On field success is not unrelated to the actions of the board, and you can be sure that if we were having a disaster on the park then the BoD would be getting a hard time. Why does this not work the other way?

If the Thistle fans are being moved from the North Stand for no good reason then it's frankly a stupid decision. It's clear to everyone what the NS has brought to Firhill over the last two seasons. But I don't believe that these people are stupid. So I'll await further details and I'll see what happens.

• Like 1

Not doubting anyone's word on here, but I'm surprised at the level of "venom" on here, based on what for the moment is an unexplained and unconfirmed decision. Everyone seems very ready to assume the worst, on the basis of very little. I'll certainly be withholding judgement, and I'd have thought that the success of the season would have bought a bit of goodwill. On field success is not unrelated to the actions of the board, and you can be sure that if we were having a disaster on the park then the BoD would be getting a hard time. Why does this not work the other way?

If the Thistle fans are being moved from the North Stand for no good reason then it's frankly a stupid decision. It's clear to everyone what the NS has brought to Firhill over the last two seasons. But I don't believe that these people are stupid. So I'll await further details and I'll see what happens.

Fair points but everyone and their granny knows what a stupid decision this is. Think what is annoying everyone is the fact that the chairman gave a 10 minute speech to STV on Thursday, about the feel good factor at the club, but forgot to mention this bombshell until an hour or so before the game yesterday. The question is.....Why?

Edited by Lindau

Fair points but everyone and their granny knows what a stupid decision this is. Think what is annoying everyone is the fact that the chairman gave a 10 speech to STV on Thursday, about the feel good factor at the club, but forgot to mention this bombshell until an hour or so before the game yesterday. The question is.....Why?

Because it would have been more stupid to kill the feel good factor in that interview

Because it would have been more stupid to kill the feel good factor in that interview

If that's the case he could have left it for longer than 48 hours.....oh yes, I forgot about the season tickets being on sale on Monday!

Was confused as to why we were singing keep the north stand in the second half, but sang along anyway. Really looking forward to Ian and Dave explaining the meeting and Beattie's reasoning. Gutted that the feel good factor has been ruined and even more gutted that we might not have the north stand next season or beyond.

What an own goal this could be for the BOD if they go ahead with this plan. Shared a few pints with some lads up from Sunderland after the game just before hearing the news from Dave and Iain. The Sunderland fans thought the atmosphere was great and put the Stadium of Light to shame even when it had 30,000-40,000 fans in :(

#KeeptheNorthStandRedandYellow

• Like 1

Somebody has just posted this on P and B, whether it's true or not, who knows!

Apparently Maxwell was at the Firhill cup today and said if enough people refuse to renew their season ticket then the decision will be reviewed.Was going to renew mine anyway but think I'll leave it for now and see how it all develops.

Somebody has just posted this on P and B, whether it's true or not, who knows!

Apparently Maxwell was at the Firhill cup today and said if enough people refuse to renew their season ticket then the decision will be reviewed.Was going to renew mine anyway but think I'll leave it for now and see how it all develops.

If true then you've really got to ask wtf the BoD are playing at . Becoming more of a complete farce of a decision (if that was possible).

Sit in the JHS but appreciate the atmosphere generated by the lads in the North Stand. fully support keeping it red and yellow. not renewing either until it becomes more clear what is happening. my fear though is they say ok you can stay and we all renew our tickets and like when celtic came calling they turn round and say your out of there for this game and that game etc

Sit in the JHS but appreciate the atmosphere generated by the lads in the North Stand. fully support keeping it red and yellow. not renewing either until it becomes more clear what is happening. my fear though is they say ok you can stay and we all renew our tickets and like when celtic came calling they turn round and say your out of there for this game and that game etc

I can accept the Celtic situation, doesn't mean that I like it, but to turf us out for every other home game is just feckin ridiculous