Lyle Taylor On Sportscene Tonight

Lindau

Watched both Sportscene and Match of the Day with my daughter. Lyle Taylor was a first time pundit on the first and Alan Hansen retired as a pundit on the second. My daughter got a photo of herself with Lyle Taylor at Firhill yesterday and I used to watch Alan Hansen play at Firhill. A very cross-generational Thistle evening!

No, he gave standard response that he was a Sheffield United player until told differently, so he would be reporting for pre-season training there. To be fair, I do not think that it would be appropriate for him to say anything else without giving offence to his parent club.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/loan-star-chris-erskine-says-3530463

Unlike what Erskine did today. Think he knows he isn't wanted at United. I've been critical of him and I think it's deserved. Had a few decent games to start with and somehow got poorer as the season went on. If he comes back I would give him a clean slate based on how he helped us to the premiership - but improvement needed.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/loan-star-chris-erskine-says-3530463

Unlike what Erskine did today. Think he knows he isn't wanted at United. I've been critical of him and I think it's deserved. Had a few decent games to start with and somehow got poorer as the season went on. If he comes back I would give him a clean slate based on how he helped us to the premiership - but improvement needed.

Read that this morning. I think Chris is expecting bad news about his time at Und. He ain't even bothering about going to the cup final. Think he is a cert to be back here next season....that's if Archie wants him!

I thought he came across as very articulate and professional. And with a bit of panache.

A clever lad both on and off the pitch.

He came across as astute - saying nothing untoward, given his position, and still relaxed enough on camera to make humorous comments such as the "Buckie" one.

http://www.dailyreco...ne-says-3530463

Erskine hasn't done himself any favours by saying the wrong things and then being quoted in print. He's burned his boats with Dundee United, but his performances at Firhill during his loan period haven't exactly set the heather alight either. If he is brought back, then he'll be benefiting from the promotion season reputation, rather than more recent play, but it may be that being unsettled after the move to Dundee United, along with other changes (didn't he have a child recently?), has undermined his confidence.

Edited by Fearchar

He came across as astute - saying nothing untoward, given his position, and still relaxed enough on camera to make humorous comments such as the "Buckie" one.

Erskine hasn't done himself any favours by saying the wrong things and then being quoted in print. He's burned his boats with Dundee United, but his performances at Firhill during his loan period haven't exactly set the heather alight either. If he is brought back, then he'll be benefiting from the promotion season reputation, rather than more recent play, but it may be that being unsettled after the move to Dundee United, along with other changes (didn't he have a child recently?), has undermined his confidence.

He maybe hasnt done himself any favours but he is being honest and for me that is a far better stance to take

Reading that tells me he is asking McNamara for a move out of United and preferably back to Thistle.

I think you're probably right & wouldn't surprise me if it hadn't already been hinted at to Erskine.

It wouldn't surprise me that they come to an agreement to shake on a severance package to free up room in their squad for new signings.

Not rated by their support & think once that happens, it'll be hard to change minds.

A good pre season & a bit of TLC & he's a risk worth taking still.

Edited by Trotter
  • Like 1

I thought he came across as very articulate and professional. And with a bit of panache.

A clever lad both on and off the pitch.

Definitely, smart lad saying the right things. Better than Billy "sity-ation" Dodds...

The shake of the head and looking away when talking about coming back, but the looking towards Jonathan saying he will be training with Sheffield makes me think he won't be back. Hope i'm wrong though, I like guy, a lot more goals in him... Also got a pic with him on Saturday. Good lad for taking the time with the fans.

http://www.dailyreco...ne-says-3530463

The article of course could have been misquoted.

You will not be surprised to read my friend that I dont entirely agree with you. I personally feel he contributed more than Buaben (who had the benefit of a good couple fo years Premier League experience) Also dont think for what his was his first year in the premier league he was just as good as Craigen, Piccolo, Balatoni, Fox, Lawless, Elliot and Muirhead whose first year in the SPL it was as well and you could say there is room for improvement for them as well. I should add that for some reason I feel Lawless gets a hard time from some our supporters - lets not forget 5 goals in a fist season in the SPL where he has not played all around the time is not that bad. Although it was also Doolan, Bannigan and Fraser's first year in the SPL they all adjusted really well under the circumstances

• 2 weeks later...