Banzo - A Jag Until 2016

mhs

At least if someone does come in for him they will now have to part with some £.

His contract extension is indeed excellent news and it does mean that money would need to be paid to prise him away before summer 2016. However, I would suspect that most contracts are likely to have some sort of clause defining the "reasonable fee" that would trigger a release.

Personally, I hope that would never be needed and he is here for much, much longer than 2016.

Really hope he's with the club long enough for a ten year testimonial if not a 20 year one!

In a way I agree with this but in some ways I hope you're wrong.

I'd be really happy if his progression as a player continued at the same rate, we get a big fee for him and he went on to hold down a place in the first team of a club in a big league.

I'd like to see him progress to a point that he could be a regular for the national team too :)

Stuart in the Evening Times Today said " when you look at it and you see who is COMING IN, you do think it will be hard to get in and play week in and week out" :fan::clapping:

Hmmm interesting!

Does he mean potential/imminent signings? Does he mean our squad/youth? Is he referring to the bench having quality too?

We will wait and see.

However, I can't see existing players being privvy to information on possible signings and it is very early for signings to already be lined up.

In a way I agree with this but in some ways I hope you're wrong.

I'd be really happy if his progression as a player continued at the same rate, we get a big fee for him and he went on to hold down a place in the first team of a club in a big league.

I'd like to see him progress to a point that he could be a regular for the national team too :)

Agree with this, I hope he continues to improve and earns us a big transfer fee that we can invest back into our academy to produce more quality players.

I think this additional year shows loyalty on Stuart's part as well if he is committed to progressing, which he seems very much to be. His stock is on the rise and I'm certain that he wouldn't be short of offers if he were available for pre-contract talks come January.

This thread got me thinking, is there any other player in Scotland that plays Stuarts position and at his age that you'd rather have in your side? I don't think there is. You could possibly say the same about Fraser in a year or 2 also. Hopefully they go on to have a long, successful career with us.

• Like 1

When's the last tiime we had anyone on a 3 year contract? Is this a change in policy? Remember that last year the key reason given for losing Chris Erskine and Paul Paton was that we couldn't match the contract durations offered by Dundee United.

When's the last tiime we had anyone on a 3 year contract? Is this a change in policy? Remember that last year the key reason given for losing Chris Erskine and Paul Paton was that we couldn't match the contract durations offered by Dundee United.

I don't think this is the case. We can't match the wages offered by united. I was told by different people that Erskine is on 3k a week at United.

At the time we probably couldn't. Another year guaranteed in the SPFPFLPLP and the board must feel like the funds are there to offer guys like this longer contracts. Besides, I think frasers potential "sell-on" value is far greater than Paton or Erskinho so having him on a longer contract could see us command a decent fee for him if he was to leave.

I don't think this is the case. We can't match the wages offered by united. I was told by different people that Erskine is on 3k a week at United.

He's most definitely not on £3k. We were willing to match the offer from United but couldn't offer any more than a year. Archie wasn't willing to offer Paton the same money because he thought we could get better.