Meeting Tomorrow - Updates

I know that the meeting was only on Friday and it has resulted in a change re season tickets but I am a bit concerned that we have not at least got a statement saying that as a result of the discussions they will now go on sale from whatever date. The positivity, which did a bashing in the aftermath of the North Stand issue, seems to be high again and we need to capitalise on it and not get left behind other teams who are selling their tickets and will be looking at players we are interested in.

Was any indication given at the meeting how soon the club would be able to get the tickets on sale?

I get that. I just think that referring to the jhs as a morgue a bit disrespectful to about 80% of Thistles support.

It wasn't meant offensively. Plenty of fans enjoy sitting quietly watching the game and there's nothing wrong with that - I did it for many a year in the JH - but I much prefer the NS. By morgue all I meant was "by Jesus, it's ******* quiet in the JH" - which it is. It was just easier to type morgue.

Incidentally, I'm sure there are morgue's noiser than the JH also. The one's on tv detective drama's always seem quite lively.

It wasn't meant offensively. Plenty of fans enjoy sitting quietly watching the game and there's nothing wrong with that - I did it for many a year in the JH - but I much prefer the NS. By morgue all I meant was "by Jesus, it's ******* quiet in the JH" - which it is. It was just easier to type morgue.

Incidentally, I'm sure there are morgue's noiser than the JH also. The one's on tv detective drama's always seem quite lively.

Fair enough. I was probably being picky coz I was at work and therefore in a crappy mood.

I used to pay £30 for a reserved seat for my kid and I wouldn't begrudge it again.

For me though, the problem with kids go free started when we wanted to 'capture data' on the kids that attended. If you went to one game, and were approached by a clipboard you got a season ticket sent to you. Very few kids actually applied or proactively sought to own a season ticket - the club just doled them out in return for some info on them. It's no wonder so many remain uncollected.

Sorry for bringing this up again - it seems to have slipped a bit in the last few days and I've not been online for ages.

I would hope that the club would be using sky sports on a pay as you go basis, rather than paying the full monthly rate, which is several thousand pounds.

To put it in context, it would cost the same or more than a players wages for the club to have sky sports in the Aitken Suite.

can they get a now tv box. you can pay for sky sports for 24 hours pay as you go. only costs a tenner. not sure if that's just for residential properties though

Reaction and statement now on official site here!

Good statement in my opinion. I know that some will be disappointed regarding the non-Celtic season ticket, but you can't have everything.

Regarding the kids go free season ticket, I'm a bit confused. Are free season tickets for kids still available, but without reserved seats? if so does that mean they're not valid for all-ticket games? Seems fair enough if so, but it may need a bit of clarification.

Fair play to the club. They made an arse of it, realised it and have corrected it and we can continue to enjoy what the Northy brings to Firhill.

Get the season tickets out now. I'll be buying one on the back of this decision and hope more and more of us do likewise and we can see the Northy grow. Well done to everyone for sticking together on this issue and proving we can have a voice when it comes to what goes on at our club.

Right, I'm off back into WeAreThistle hibernation now. PEACE

• Like 1

Anyone know if any other clubs offer a non-OF season ticket? (I know that both cheeks offered it for games against the other before one of them ceased to exist).

Will be an interesting discussion next summer assuming Sevco do come back into the Prem.