Fans Behind The Dugout Move...

AlgarveJag

Following on from the North Stand u-turn there is a solution to ensuring that Archie get's his wish to have jags fans behind him and the dugout.

Move the dug out to the opposite touchline and you don't have to move the fans.

The changing rooms are accessed from the south wet corner so I can't see any reason why they have to be situated where they are (sun in their eye's in the late afternoon perhaps when it's not obscured by grey cloud).

Is there any reason why the dugouts must remain in front of the main stand?

It would make a better spectacle surely for teams to run out to the centre of the pitch and for the tech team and subs to have to face the JHS as they take their seats, no?

Following on from the North Stand u-turn there is a solution to ensuring that Archie get's his wish to have jags fans behind him and the dugout.

Are we actually even sure that the move was something Archie had specifically mentioned to the board?

Are we actually even sure that the move was something Archie had specifically mentioned to the board?

well, it was repeated at the meeting on friday, so if it's something archie wants, and the ns is to remain red and yellow (thought the board was meeting today (as in monday) to ratify it? ..... where's the announcement?), then for a relatively small cost, it wouldn't take much to carry out minor alterations (some shuttering, concrete, removal of couple dozens seats) and resite the dugouts at jhs.

Edited by yoda-jag

See instead of this, why dont we use the money to sign decent players. Thats how the club was in the mire for years wasting money on bringing the ground upto ridiculous rules aka 10000 seats. I wouldnt even entertain the thought of moving the dugoots as it is just a waste of time and money. Forget it

• Like 5

See instead of this, why dont we use the money to sign decent players. Thats how the club was in the mire for years wasting money on bringing the ground upto ridiculous rules aka 10000 seats. I wouldnt even entertain the thought of moving the dugoots as it is just a waste of time and money. Forget it

Because then we would be Greenock Morton.

I actually like looking across at the dugouts where they already are.

So the view might be better from the main stand and the board would get their wish as everyone moved across to get a better view of the new dugouts.

Norgethistle "Is there enough room for dugouts plus technical area (1 metre) from touch line,"

It may not need to be embedded in the JHS if the pitch is being relaid again it might be easier to move the pitch a meter nearer the main stand. That would take the action even closer to those seats (and the enclosure).

People really think Archie raised this with the board as a pressing concern?
:lol:

Exactly - I just don't see the logic in thinking that this is an issue. The manager is in the dugout (or the box) with the entire support facing him. The away support is closer, but behind and to the side. That seems a better relationship to me anyway. I'd have though that the main impact of a better, noisier support would be on the players on the park rather than the manager, and in that sense the dugout position is irrelevant. Another non-solution to a non-problem, perhaps.

I think the positioning of the floodlights is ludicrous. Why don't we spend £8 billion developing new under floor lighting which will make Higgy feel like Michael Jackson in the Billie Jean video with each stride he takes.

Edited by Veejag
  • Like 1

I think the positioning of the floodlights is ludicrous. Why don't we spend £8 billion developing new under floor lighting which will make Higgy feel like Michael Jackson in the Billie Jean video with each stride he takes.

That would be phenomenal....but only for Higgy.....maybe Dools too....

Couldn't we just buy a benchwarmer from the EPL for about that or perhaps a first team player from one of the lesser lights like Tottenham or West Ham?