Reserved Kids' Seats £25

• Members

If folk are going to complain about this, then the only way the Club can resolve the issue is by charging all kids for a reserved seat. Free with conditions sounds reasonable enough to me.

Can't believe folk are criticising the Club for giving away something for free!!!

• Like 1

• Members

It's not the most annoying thing in the world but still a bit of a pain in the arse that so many seats are reserved when they're not actually used.

I don't think anyone has bothered to remove stickers from lapsed ST holders. Those stickers have probably been there for a couple of seasons at least.

I'm sure there would be a couple of folk happy to go up to the ground and remove the stickers from all the seats prior to the new season (or stick new ones over the top of the old ones if they've already been allocated).

If you go to the family stand at St. M, you can get up to 3 free kids tickets. Adult ST for that end is £285.

Okay, so it almost matches our policy on kids but the adult ticket is a bit cheaper, however, we ALSO offer free entry at the gate for U-16s.

Edited by mhs

Am I right in thinking that free entry on the day of the match is being dropped? I am sure that was intimated in the discussion after the fans meeting last week where the stance of the North Stand guys was supported by many fans who sit in the JHS. Or did I make that up? Can someone confirm?

Edited by David Stevenson

Am I right in thinking that free entry on the day of the match is being dropped? I am sure that was intimated in the discussion after the fans meeting last week where the stance of the North Stand guys was supported by many fans who sit in the JHS. Or did I make that up? Can someone confirm?

From the official website response posted today...

"It should be noted that the home support kids will continue to go free at our club and this £25 fee is for a reserved seat"

Kids Go Free policy is still active, the £25 is for a reserved seat.

You just made that up. I can confirm.

• Like 1

The club's statement implies that it is all the fault of those pesky kids who took season tickets they wouldn't use when it was, in fact, the club that foisted the tickets on them without finding out whether they were likely to attend every week.

My son and I attended all but three games at Firhill last year. £25 on the face of it isn't bad but it is not kids for free. It is £25 more I have to pay to Thistle for the same as we had last year.

As it happens, my son and I will probably spend most of next season in the North Stand and just use our own seats for the Celtic game. Thus, it will cost me £25 to reserve one seat for one game and will not stop two seats in the JHS lying empty for most of the season.

If anyone wants to negotiate the right to sit in our two seats for all other games I am open to offers.

Am I getting the wrong end here, or are you stating that you won't use your reserved seats and want someone else to pay you for the privilege of using it whilst you sit elsewhere???

The club's statement implies that it is all the fault of those pesky kids who took season tickets they wouldn't use when it was, in fact, the club that foisted the tickets on them without finding out whether they were likely to attend every week.

My son and I attended all but three games at Firhill last year. £25 on the face of it isn't bad but it is not kids for free. It is £25 more I have to pay to Thistle for the same as we had last year.

As it happens, my son and I will probably spend most of next season in the North Stand and just use our own seats for the Celtic game. Thus, it will cost me £25 to reserve one seat for one game and will not stop two seats in the JHS lying empty for most of the season.

If anyone wants to negotiate the right to sit in our two seats for all other games I am open to offers.

Surely you should just not reserve a seat if you are going to only use it for the Celtic game? If you're determined to reserve a seat, that you admit you won't use apart from one/two games, then I think you should pay as it isn't using the system properly.

You just made that up. I can confirm.

Thank you for settling that.

Post No 14 from the meeting discussion thread led me to believe that it was to be scrapped:

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

From twitter RE the under 16s change

"£5 walk up. Free season ticket if sit in a specific section. £50 if you want to sit with your dad.

Its due to abuse of walk up Under 16s. Will be reviewed following negative feedback tonight."

Edited by David Stevenson

What do the supporters federation think about this?

On the face of it £25 is not much, I take 4 kids so it fair mounts up.

I think it is the sledgehammer to crack a nut. This only affects celtic games as it is the only all ticket game. So I decide not to take a reserved seat for the kids. I assume the club are going to need to issue tickets for that game next to me. So why not give them to me all season?

If the club are going to move me to be with the kids to non allocated seats for the Celtic game they need to reissue my season ticket seat for 1 game. Do we have the admin to support this?

Am I getting the wrong end here, or are you stating that you won't use your reserved seats and want someone else to pay you for the privilege of using it whilst you sit elsewhere???

Tongue in cheek.... but, folk here are complaining about empty seats they could use in the JHS. If I guarantee that you can sit in mine (assuming it is a seat you would like) what is it worth to you? If the answer is nothing then you can see why some of us are unhappy at paying £25.

Surely you should just not reserve a seat if you are going to only use it for the Celtic game? If you're determined to reserve a seat, that you admit you won't use apart from one/two games, then I think you should pay as it isn't using the system properly.

I have a season ticket for the JHS and have done for many years. At the moment my son has a free season ticket. My son will no longer have free entry to Firhill unless we move and that means either giving up my seat or leaving it empty each week, whether I am in the North Stand or somewhere else in the JHS. There doesn't seem to be any argument that adult ST holders in the JHS shouldn't be going into the North Stand and leaving their JHS seats empty. However, as a responsible parent I want to be sure that my son can sit beside me. This IS apparently a problem for the club and for a good number of the posters on here despite the fact that we have come nowhere near to filling the ground all season.

• Like 1

Tongue in cheek.... but, folk here are complaining about empty seats they could use in the JHS. If I guarantee that you can sit in mine (assuming it is a seat you would like) what is it worth to you? If the answer is nothing then you can see why some of us are unhappy at paying £25. .

I see. I'm not that bothered about where I sit if I'm honest, and I bring kids to maybe 3 games a season, so I'm not the best judge of this situation I suppose.

Not sure this right yet.

How do unallocated under 16s season tickets get you a seat for all ticket game? Or don't they?

(equally how do NS ticket get a seat for all ticket games)

If we still have free tickets for PATG how does this stop abuse? I don't like charging away fans differently at any ground

So maybe better just free season ticket for under 16s, and PATG £5 on day

£25 sounds OK but not if you have a few kids. I have 3 grandkids season tickets and see point as one didn't go often however all seats used every game.

I do think an admin fee is OK but maybe as someone suggested a sliding scale for those with more kids. 25...15...5 .. 5 ....5 etc

The whole point of this is to attract people for the future.

Can we all tell the club this or are too few folk affected.

P.S, Hw can ou get the tet to inut atnotrmel pe wtout missin ot letters ?

To translate, how can I get the text to input at a normal speed without missing out letters

Last season a large block of seats were blocked off as reserved where my father and I have always sat, for many years as season ticket holders. He still has one while I don't.

The majority of the seats around us were reserved for children. Of the games I attended, more often than not the children weren't there. And on the games they were there, it meant being surrounded by kids so young most of them lost interest in the game pretty quickly, started playing with their phones, etc. I want to sit with my father at games where we've always been, but I also don't want to sit in a kid's section.

The problem is I didn't know on any given week if these families and children would show up, and it's not like I can leave and go to the North Stand unless I want to pay in again.

So from a very personal point of view, this is great for me.

Kids can sit in a special family section for free. Superb. If you really want a specific seat you can reserve it for £25 a season.

Personally I would change the entire pricing system, raise it for kids, lower it for adults - £5, £10 and £15, but that's just me.

If 150 season tickets went unclaimed, then presumably the club can ensure that those people can't receive one this season?

Also no issues with a deposit scheme. Use the money towards next years adult season ticket rather than give the money back? Dunfermline Jag is also spot on. It's a 25 quid increase on last year. More if you take more than one kid.

Completely wrong-headed.

Or better still, only put a reserved sticker on a seat once someone's collected their season ticket.

• Like 1

Or better still, only put a reserved sticker on a seat once someone's collected their season ticket.

Yep but too sensible it seems for our Board.

Nice to see some of those who were so vocal in the last couple of week deciding to take the stance of it doesn't affect them so they don't feel need to comment.

I'm sure the supporters federation will ask for another meeting with the Board to suggest putting reserved stickers on seats once kids season tickets have been uplifted?

I'm sure....

Your kids get in for nothing and you complain because they can't sit wherever you want. Unbelievable. Except they can sit wherever they want, for a small fee.

As far as I can see, there are people negatively affected by this who are pointing out why and doing so in a reasoned manner. What's up with that? If you fancy casting an eye over the North Stand response on this site, some of it was utterly rabid.

The club have made an announcement but the negative aspects of these changes impact on people who were using the scheme properly. I don't think that is ideal and I'm sure the club don't want to penalise people who are honest supporters benefiting from a positive policy. Discussing the issue and seeking some feedback would be the best way forward if you ask me unless we are in a situation of the "shoutiest" get listened to while the reasoned are ignored.

• Like 1

Nice to see some of those who were so vocal in the last couple of week deciding to take the stance of it doesn't affect them so they don't feel need to comment.

Says the guy who hasn't contributed one comment in six months.

You want a free ticket for your wean? You can have one.