And The Price Of A Season Ticket Is?

CCjag

Have I missed this?

If so, so has the official site.

Given that STs were originally scheduled to go on sale a couple of weeks ago, why the further delay?

There are many potential answers, but IMVHO only one really credible one.

• It could be that the workload at the office is delaying things;
  • It could be that there are cost implications in the arrangements put in place following the fans resistance to the plans over relocation and these now need to be built into the pricing. (Although one might, naively, have hoped that this would have been disclosed at the meeting on 16/05!)
  • It could be that the rumoured inflation-busting increase is considered a little too toxic to disclose in the wake of the last PR debacle.
    (NB Inflation is currently running at 1.8%.)
  • It could be that I am entirely wrong and that stories of a 20-25% hike in costs are purely mischievous rabble rousing by “a small group of malcontents” © Gery McNee 1996.

It would, however, be nice to have my error confirmed in order that my apology can be lodged as publicly as my suspicions.

Who cares? Just seems another reason to have a needless go at something that is not a big deal at the end May.

It's not a big deal if I am wrong!

I genuinely hope I am and will happily self-flagellate with an open apology.

If memory served me correctly (which it often doesn't) prices stayed the same last year? In which case I would expect a hike this year and having expressed my disbelief at people questioning paying an extra £25 to reserve a seat for their kids I guess I can hardly complain if my ST goes up by a similar amount.

Edited by scottymagoo

If memory served me correctly (which it often doesn't) prices stayed the same last year? In which case I would expect a hike this year and having expressed my disbelief at people questioning paying an extra £25 to reserve a seat for their kids I guess I can hardly complain if my ST goes up by a similar amount.

Agreed if up by £25 - 25% would be another matter!

Our income is up significantly from division 1 campaign...they kept the ST price for this year the same or near as dam it...so why would they put the cost of a ST up significantly? I am hoping for a modest increase, that would be expected.

Looking at other clubs pricing is probably the best way to gauge how ours is going to work out.

St. Mirren: Adult - £285-£310 (increases later you buy)

ICT: Adult: £300-£370 (early bird and different prices for different stands/covered/uncovered seating)

Ross County: £300-£360

Dundee: £300-£340 (£20 off if renewing)

Killie: £297- £330 (£210 for the family stand which is non celtic games)

Dundee Utd: £299 - had to register to find price band, no chance!

Motherwell: £295-£420! That Phil O'Donnell Stand must be something special.

Aberdeen: £285-£425

Only ourselves and St. Johnstone have not released prices. on the basis of teams at our level it looks pretty straight forward that our season ticket prices will be around the £300 mark. Can't really grumble as its giving the club some much needed cash.

I sent in a letter asking for Centenary Fund prize money (3x20=60 so it's adding up). Nobody is getting anything out of the office for the next week. They'll be working round the clock sorting out the administration nightmare of paying a prize. I even put a postage stamp on it.

Price freeze for renewals. The club coined it in last season.

There's also the issue that if you hike season tickets you need to hike the pay at the gate or the ST becomes even worse value for money and provides even less incentive to purchase one.