'jag For Life' Season Ticket Suggestion

weebaldie

Last year I sent an E-mail to the club suggesting a lifetime season ticket for fans aged 60 and over, perhaps priced at 5 Adult years plus 10 Concession years. I would imagine this might equate to a cost of around £3,500. If a fan was lucky enough to still be fit enough to attend matches after the age of 75 they would then be attending Firhill for free if they had purchased aged 60.

A lot of post war 'baby boomers' have already or are about to retire and those lucky enough to have pensions may have the disposable income and be willing to commit a substantial sum up front to the club.

Maybe the cash could be ring-fenced for a specific project such as clearing the bank debt, ground improvements, returning full ownership of ground to club, player development etc. Incentives might include a pie, pint and free program at every home match or a special tie, scarf, badge or bunnet.

Daft idea or would this be viable? I didn't get a reply from the club although in a very brief chat with Ian Maxwell he suggested a 'one-off' might be considered.

• Like 1

The new electronic ticketing system will allow the club to gather useful information and in the future schemes like this will be easy to tailor to specific areas of the fan base. Given failings in administration and marketing, however, I won't hold my breath.

How about a 10 year Debenture for fans of any age.

Deposit £6,000 and get 10 years of season tickets with your loan returned at the end of the term. That's cash in the kitty for the club and a 5% return in the first year on your capital. Your return on your 'investment' would effectively increase each year with inflation (assuming we stay in the same league and ticket prices rise in line with inflation) which is good for you. On the other hand it's a cheap loan (unsecured) for the club.

Maybe a longer period than 10 years would be needed to give it more appeal and it only needs a dozen new sales each year to pay for a transfer fee or a wage for a year.