Was Tag Just A Dream Again

jlsarmy

Seemingly so , why canvas opinion then it's followed by total silence. We've had 2 years to get this off the ground linked to the last two season ticket sales . Beggars Belief !!

The North Stand issue accelerated the development of the Supporters Federation, which had previously been postponed as linked to TAG. Obviously as a single purpose but reasonably representative "flash mob", the Federation was not ideally equipped to deal with other questions eg ticketing policy for under 16s, though still did its best at minimal notice.

With appropriate tweaks to ensure that all relevant groups (including parents) are adequately represented and with a set programme of quarterly engagement with the Board and proper consultation with Board and fanbase flowing back and forward in between times, the Federation could grow into a very effective force.

However, if that can now happen without TAG, it does seem to take away one of the drivers behind the formation of TAG.

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly believe that the time has well and truly come and gone for TAG now. We were told at the meeting in February that it was "almost there" and they went to great lengths to convince the fans reps to get back on side with it.

Concerns were raised by myself and others about the whole thing being overly ambitious given the clubs limited resources and it now looks like those concerns were fully justified.

The longer this drags on the worse it looks. Can TAG really become a success after all this? I don't think so, and I would say it's time to accept that we've made an arse of this and start channelling resources elsewhere.

Edited by ian_mac

Honestly believe that the time has well and truly come and gone for TAG now. We were told at the meeting in February that it was "almost there" and they went to great lengths to convince the fans reps to get back on side with it.

Concerns were raised by myself and others about the whole thing being overly ambitious given the clubs limited resources and it now looks like those concerns were fully justified.

The longer this drags on the worse it looks. Can TAG really become a success after all this? I don't think so, and I would say it's time to accept that we've made an arse of this and start channelling resources elsewhere.

If there's groundswell agreement that the idea behind TAG is sound enough then it could be re-branded at a later date. I'd admit to being behind the philosophy of the scheme and wouldn't want that philosophy to die.

Quite simply as Ian intimates TAG would be an extremely hard sell after its non appearances. I'd suggest the Board/Club launch a re brand on the back of some other successes off the park. At the moment tho' we're talking about an administration that literally can't run a raffle.

On the plus side the Club seem to be running high on ideas and must surely realise that an almost unbroken succession of failure to fully implement these ideas has to stop. Perhaps it's an inability to employ effective delegation. I really don't know but if that is the case then it's equally clear that it doesn't necessarily mean the ideas themselves are any less sound.

Best to get things like the online season ticket purchase scheme running smoothly, and if necessary more efficient delegation put in place before relaunching a TAG Mk II. Oh, and draw the feckin' raffle on the due date.