Strip

proudjag

Having described it as a car crash of a combination, I now can't take my eyes off it, like..... a bit like a car crash, maybe!

I'm getting to like it!

There are few Thistle tops that I've actually hated. The striped affair when we were in the SPL last time was awful, as was the pink and lemon hooped one (it really wasn't red and yellow) at around the time of Save the Jags. I even quite liked the jester top!

Neither like or dislike it. There have been better - the pre 1970 strip & the all yellow top in the early 70s (for obvious reason) were better in my opinion - but there have also been some which i thought were worse - the one with the red bib and the halves.

I do remember a few seasons ago that a number of the clubs Joma was manufacturing kits for allowed the respective clubs to hold a poll on their website, and it allowed fans to vote for the design they most wanted to see. I think QoS were one of the clubs.

I’m not suggesting it’s the best idea all of the time, but perhaps some fan interaction in the choosing of the clubs kits could boost sales and merchandise revenue.

I think all that was really wrong with last season's top was the broken stripes on the front and the big yellow panel on the back. However if the new strip had just amended those two things folk might have said it was a rip-off to bring out such minor tweaks as a new strip.

I like this year's top the more I see it although with a wee bit of black trim around the shoulders and sleeves it would have been the business.

I do remember a few seasons ago that a number of the clubs Joma was manufacturing kits for allowed the respective clubs to hold a poll on their website, and it allowed fans to vote for the design they most wanted to see. I think QoS were one of the clubs.

I’m not suggesting it’s the best idea all of the time, but perhaps some fan interaction in the choosing of the clubs kits could boost sales and merchandise revenue.

^^this

I think all that was really wrong with last season's top was the broken stripes on the front and the big yellow panel on the back.

^^and this

Did we not have strips designed in a supporters competition around 2001? I'm sure the black with diagonal red & yellow stripe (as stolen by Belgium last night!!!) was one of them, possibly even the title winning home strip as well

It was the jester strip that was a fan competition.

Wasnt the jester strip A ***** creation?

Pretty sure the year we won the 2nd division was the fans designed strips.

D!ck is blocked by the swear filter? What ashame for Richards everywhere.

Edited by CillitB4ng

Wasnt the jester strip A ***** creation?

Pretty sure the year we won the 2nd division was the fans designed strips.

D!ck is blocked by the swear filter? What ashame for Richards everywhere.

Yep I think jaggy is right. The black away kit with the red/yellow diagonal stripes in 2001 was designed by a fan. Can't for the life of me remember the guys name right now. And there might be something in the home kit design too. Certainly that was a very good year for Thistle kits. And wasn't it one of the directors that came up with the jester kit?

So pop up to firhill today and buy two new tops... Then ask for 3 tee shirts to be told we are just open for the new top, whys that I say cause it is she says but you cen get them at the other shop.....so off I go and of course it's shut!

of course why have a retail outlet open on a Saturday and why stock more than one item

Amateurish

• Like 1

So pop up to firhill today and buy two new tops... Then ask for 3 tee shirts to be told we are just open for the new top, whys that I say cause it is she says but you cen get them at the other shop.....so off I go and of course it's shut!

of course why have a retail outlet open on a Saturday and why stock more than one item

Amateurish

Their motto seems to be convenience for them, not the customer.

I noticed on the club website it says the strip is available in infant sizes. I had a look on TTL website and can't see anything about an infant size. The lowest it goes is age 4. Anyone know if the shop at port dundas has them?

i was in the shop today and they had an infant kit on a mannequin , no idea of cost

Infant kits are in the ttl store. Start from 12months, then 18, 2yrs, 3yrs. £35 for top, shorts and socks, and it's a cracker.

Word of advice, though. Buy it big. Really big. My 9 month old is in the 18-24 and it's not going to last the season, possibly til Christmas at a push, but I'm framing it for him when he's out of it anyway.

Infant kits are in the ttl store. Start from 12months, then 18, 2yrs, 3yrs. £35 for top, shorts and socks, and it's a cracker.

Word of advice, though. Buy it big. Really big. My 9 month old is in the 18-24 and it's not going to last the season, possibly til Christmas at a push, but I'm framing it for him when he's out of it anyway.

Why not buy a large shirt and put it in a drawer, then when he's older he can wear a 'vintage' shirt?