Brazil

peagreenboy

I know it is not a great Brazil team, but I've not seen anyone in this World Cup who are much better. With home advantage I think they will probably win it.

As for Fred, he is not the best Brazilian striker ever (although I do think he could do a job in the SPL if he wants to join the Jags) but I don't think he is as bad as is being made out. What he does is keep a high line so that the defenders have to hold back and that makes a gap between midfield and defence for Neymar Jr to exploit. Look at what he does off the ball and not with it and you will see there is more to his game than just poking the ball in the net. (I still wouldn't pick him in my World Cup XI)

I know it is not a great Brazil team, but I've not seen anyone in this World Cup who are much better. With home advantage I think they will probably win it.

I think France and Germany have looked the strongest teams, and whomever wins their match will take some beating to lift the trophy.

Love the World Cup but that game leaves a bad taste in the mouth. This is a seriously ordinary Brazil team. They've kicked Rodriguez for 90 minutes and the ref let them do it. Brazil conceded over 30 fouls and only got yellow cards for stopping the keeper kicking the ball and at the penalty. Any time Colombia looked liked building anything they were stopped by a niggly foul.

Really hope Germany win the semi.

• Like 1

Love the World Cup but that game leaves a bad taste in the mouth. This is a seriously ordinary Brazil team. They've kicked Rodriguez for 90 minutes and the ref let them do it. Brazil conceded over 30 fouls and only got yellow cards for stopping the keeper kicking the ball and at the penalty. Any time Colombia looked liked building anything they were stopped by a niggly foul.

Really hope Germany win the semi.

Really wanted Colombia to win this and Rodriguez is a special talent who didn't get the protection others seem to do.

A poor Brazil team going with teams they have had in the past and again i have no idea what Fred brings to this side.

I also thought it was a soft free kick that resulted in the winning goal but it was a fantastic bit of skill from Luiz to score from it.

Germany haven't impressed me much either but seem to get the job done and will be interesting to see how they play against Brazil.

Nae mer Naymar: he's out with a fractured vertebra, apparently. I strongly fancy Germany to eliminate them, unless Referinho plays another blinder. Groan.

That's the first time I've seen sideshow Bob not miss a direct free kick by at least 15 yards. Can't see him repeating that in the next year or two.

Hmm ... Brazil spend the entire match kicking seven shades of s**te out of Colombia's star player, then the entire country goes into meltdown when Neymar is injured and out of the tournament. Seems rather like rain on your wedding day, or a thousand spoons when all you need is a knife ...

Last night's game was a farce. Colombia stood no chance when they were hacked down with every attack and no protection from the referee. I thought persistent fouling was a bookable offence? Brazil made 31 (THIRTY-ONE) fouls last night. That's one every three minutes. A quick google shows me that Stoke City made 451 fouls in their 2011-12 league season, or 11.9 per game, and they're considered dirty.

Press going on about Neymar, maybe if Brazil hadn't been hacking anything that moved then Colombia wouldn't have reacted by bringing their game down to Brazil's level. Also, if the referee had done his job then Colombia wouldn't have had to.

Anyway, we have to hope now that Germany are professional enough to see Brazil off and not adapt to Brazil's style.

• Like 4

This Brazil team is distinctly ordinary, despite possessing a couple go genuinely talented players, less so now that Neymar is crocked. Whilst not for one moment advocating or agreeing with the tactic of kicking good players off the park,I feel Brazil are in no position to complain when you consider their treatment of Rodriquez. The referee, as often seems to be the case wherever football is plàyed, undoubtedly favoured Brazil, for example the so called foul that led to Brazil's second goal was of the type usually awarded at Castle Greyskull! Without Naymar Brazil are eminently beatable and I believe the Germans are the ideal team to do this..

• Like 1

Wonderful stuff

Well, we can't all be insightful wits like yourself ... who inspired your "rocket" insult - Gore Vidal perhaps, or was that a bon mot plucked from the works of Mark Twain? I imagine you think irony is an appliance for getting creases out of your shirts. Riddle me this, Mr Cream of the Footballing Forum Crop - What's a battle of wits called when one party doesn't actually possess any?

Well, we can't all be insightful wits like yourself ... who inspired your "rocket" insult - Gore Vidal perhaps, or was that a bon mot plucked from the works of Mark Twain? I imagine you think irony is an appliance for getting creases out of your shirts. Riddle me this, Mr Cream of the Footballing Forum Crop - What's a battle of wits called when one party doesn't actually possess any?

I find you the most insuffferable person on this forum. I struggle to enjoy reading this forumanymore due to people like you which is shame considering how good it was before.

Last night's game was a farce. Colombia stood no chance when they were hacked down with every attack and no protection from the referee. I thought persistent fouling was a bookable offence? Brazil made 31 (THIRTY-ONE) fouls last night. That's one every three minutes.

The game was practically unwatchable, unless you really enjoy every move ending in the referee blowing for a foul! And France deciding they'd had enough of this whole tournament before their game even started? Fuhgeddaboutit.

There's a serious case of the "Emperor's New Home Strip" happening with this competition.

• Like 1

I find you the most insuffferable person on this forum. I struggle to enjoy reading this forumanymore due to people like you which is shame considering how good it was before.

Aw diddums. Go up to your profile, and click on "Manage Ignore Prefs", and add me to your list. See how simple that was? Now you don't have to put up with me any more. You can be safe in your world of one syllable posts and name calling - ahem, "rocket"

And yet, I'm insufferable! I must be through the looking glass, as it's grammar, punctuation and intelligence free posters like yourself which make this forum the equivalent of Sauchiehall Lane at 3a.m on a Saturday morning - i.e, full of pish.

Last night's game was a farce. Colombia stood no chance when they were hacked down with every attack and no protection from the referee. I thought persistent fouling was a bookable offence? Brazil made 31 (THIRTY-ONE) fouls last night. That's one every three minutes. A quick google shows me that Stoke City made 451 fouls in their 2011-12 league season, or 11.9 per game, and they're considered dirty.

Press going on about Neymar, maybe if Brazil hadn't been hacking anything that moved then Colombia wouldn't have reacted by bringing their game down to Brazil's level. Also, if the referee had done his job then Colombia wouldn't have had to.

Anyway, we have to hope now that Germany are professional enough to see Brazil off and not adapt to Brazil's style.

^^this

although fifa will not allow the 2014 final without brazil in it. maybe, and only maybe, in the final will a referee do his job properly, equally and fairly ..... and then we may see the champions to be the team who put in the best performance.

though i won't be holding my breath.

The more I see of this version of Brazil the less I like them. The treatment of Rodriguez was a disgrace but how many times have you seen a ball player getting booted up and down the pitch and then it's them that ends up in he book.

It was a really good spectacle as a match but if the ref had done his job properly that could have been an all time classic game.

• Like 1

This Brazil team is distinctly ordinary, despite possessing a couple go genuinely talented players, less so now that Neymar is crocked. Whilst not for one moment advocating or agreeing with the tactic of kicking good players off the park,I feel Brazil are in no position to complain when you consider their treatment of Rodriquez. The referee, as often seems to be the case wherever football is plàyed, undoubtedly favoured Brazil, for example the so called foul that led to Brazil's second goal was of the type usually awarded at Castle Greyskull! Without Naymar Brazil are eminently beatable and I believe the Germans are the ideal team to do this..

I am pretty sure that if a Thistle player was at the end of that tackle we would have expected a free kick. It may not have been a book able offence but for me it was a foul. Columbia didn't do enough to win the game last night.

Edited by Lenziejag

Brazil made 3 more fouls last night than the Netherlands managed in the full 120 minutes of the 2010 final, a game almost universally remembered for how dirty the Dutch tactics were. Yet they only got two yellows? One of which was a very obvious red card. FIFA are absolutely terrified that the Brazilian public will kick off in the style they did at the confederations cup and are doing everything in their power to ensure they succeed, this being the second game where the rules have been ignored to Brazils benefit. It's a joke, and if I was Colombian I would be absolutely seething at the blatant bias on display last night. It's not quite the same level as South Korea in 2002, but it's not too far behind.

• Like 2