Paddy Boyle

Exactly, I've met him a couple of times and he is a perfectly reasonable bloke, as you agree, but just because he might want to better himself, you call him all the names under the sun.

Lets hope nobody ever makes assumptions about you then.....

totally. the amount of people that think im a **** for ill founded reasons is quite incredible.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

totally. the amount of people that think im a **** for ill founded reasons is quite incredible.

I don't for a minute believe you are Paton, but wouldn't it be interesting to see the reaction of posters on here if some of the players did actually post? I'd imagine people would ease up off players like Wullie K, Paton, Boyle and Hodge.

Alternatively it could just make things worse, but if a player or manager came on and said "I fecked up, sorry!" (in the case of McCall and Paton's recent 'incidents' in relation to the fans for eg), I wonder if criticism would be as harsh or ill-founded (again in the case of Paton being a 'big time Charlie').

I don't for a minute believe you are Paton, but wouldn't it be interesting to see the reaction of posters on here if some of the players did actually post? I'd imagine people would ease up off players like Wullie K, Paton, Boyle and Hodge.

Alternatively it could just make things worse, but if a player or manager came on and said "I fecked up, sorry!" (in the case of McCall and Paton's recent 'incidents' in relation to the fans for eg), I wonder if criticism would be as harsh or ill-founded (again in the case of Paton being a 'big time Charlie').

I don't think he was pretending to be Paton there, but was saying that if people can form ill-informed opinions of us mere mortals then they can do the same for jags players.

P.S. Pretty sure some players do at least read these forums, as a couple of players made posts on previous fora.

In reference to Paton (who I've got a lot of time for), did anyone notice his new left forearm tattoo? Towards the end of last season he had what I thought was a stookie on, but I think it may have been covering up his 'body art' while it healed. Any ideas what it is? I just hope it's not some baws in Latin about how misunderstood he is....

In reference to Paton (who I've got a lot of time for), did anyone notice his new left forearm tattoo? Towards the end of last season he had what I thought was a stookie on, but I think it may have been covering up his 'body art' while it healed. Any ideas what it is? I just hope it's not some baws in Latin about how misunderstood he is....

"Meus left pes est pro superstes in"

I'm a bit worried by some of the sudden change of opinion regarding Boyle shown by some. There is no doubt he had a good game on Saturday but one game doesn't instantly make up for all the other below par performances.

I want him to do well, like every player at Club and hopefully he can push on, knowing that this is probably his best chance of cementing his place as the no.1 left back at the Club.

It will take a run of games to prove this, not just one game.

Edited by northernsoul

I'm a bit worried by some of the sudden change of opinion regarding Boyle shown by some. There is no doubt he had a good game on Saturday but one game doesn't instantly make up for all the other below par performances.

I want him to do well, like every player at Club and hopefully he can push on, knowing that this is probably his best chance of cementing his place as the no.1 left back at the Club.

It will take a run of games to prove this, not just one game.

He's been great in every match, not as good as Saturday but a million times better than the player we saw last season. Imo he has done enough to be getting told he has a future at Firhill.

He's been great in every match, not as good as Saturday but a million times better than the player we saw last season. Imo he has done enough to be getting told he has a future at Firhill.

He's been solid in every match, the only performances worthy of 'great' were on Saturday by a couple of players, Boyle included. I don't think barely a month into the new season we should be guaranteeing futures/contracts to players. It's far too early for that. That said, if he can give another half a dozen or so shifts like he did on Saturday, then he would merit it. November/December will be the time to judge who to keep and get rid of, after half the season.

There has been progress no doubt but he is still the weakest link in the defence. He needs to work on certain aspects of his game but I believe there is more to come. It's whether he can do that while keeping the same level of performance as he did on Saturday.

Lets hope so.

Edited by northernsoul

He's been solid in every match, the only performances worthy of 'great' were on Saturday by a couple of players, Boyle included. I don't think barely a month into the new season we should be guaranteeing futures/contracts to players. It's far too early for that. That said, if he can give another half a dozen or so shifts like he did on Saturday, then he would merit it. November/December will be the time to judge who to keep and get rid of, after half the season.

There has been progress no doubt but he is still the weakest link in the defence. He needs to work on certain aspects of his game but I believe there is more to come. It's whether he can do that while keeping the same level of performance as he did on Saturday.

Lets hope so.

I'm not talking about future contracts, Im talking about the one he is currently on. Remember he has done everything you say while his immediate future of the Club was/is in doubt. Didnt he reject a contract elsewhere because he wanted to stay and fight for his place at Firhill? Of course he has to work on certain aspects of his game, every one of our players do, otherwise they wouldn't be playing 1st division football.