F. C. Pinatar Vs. Partick Thistle

Six days to go. Are we all getting excited boys and girls? I've been doing my Clouseau. Which gives me another opportunity to gratuitously utilise my favourite emoticon... :detective:

On 9th July 2014, the small mediterranean town of San Pedro del Pinatar, population 24,000, will play host to the first ever match between a Spanish club and Partick Thistle.

F.C. Pinatar (founded 2010) provide the opposition. In 2013-14, at the fourth time of asking, they finished 3rd in the "Preferente Autonómica", an 18 club regional League in Murcia, which is in the fifth tier of Spanish football. They were six points behind the champions, EF Alhama.

In 2014-15 they will compete in the "Tercera División", the fourth tier of the Spanish football league system, which features a mind-boggling 361 teams divided into 18 regional groups. F.C. Pinatar will play in Group 13 (Region of Murcia).

For the first time, they will now be able to compete in Copa Federación, a Cup competition for teams from the Segunda División B, the Tercera División and sometimes featuring sides who have failed to qualify or have been eliminated in the first round of the Copa del Rey.

With the demise of the town's historical club, Pinatar Club de Fútbol (who were liquidated in the summer of 2013), F.C. Pinatar are now the only señor outfit in town.

Season tickets for F.C. Pinatar cost between 30 and 50 Euros.

The match kicks-off the pre-season for both clubs.

I was surprised not to see Sean Welsh get a spell in this game. As far as I can see from the pre-season photos and the like he is taking part in training. After all that time on the sidelines a pre-season with some game time under his belt would surely be as important for him as players like Lawless, Elliott and the youngsters...