Jags Beat Morton 1 Nil At Garscube

ayrshire jag

One a central midfielder, the other a big French lad who apparently has been capped by Togo. No named sorry. Game was switched at last minute as Cappielow was flooded. SOD played 2st half and Dale Keenan had a solid match. Not sure ho scored

Thanks for the update!

Big French lad a centre back?

French guy a striker looked pretty good he only just arrived from airport before kick off

He will hopefully feature on Sat at Dumbarton.

Barr was ill and didn't play. Muston was on the gym so I assume unfit. Don't know who mid fielder was but he was pretty good on the ball. Could hear he was called John ft players shouts. Stevenson a stand out as we Fraser. Banzo hopefully fit for Sat.

Stevenson really is a coup, has even been capped by Scotland. Where do people see him fitting in the midfield? I'm pretty happy with middle of park.

Our system is 2 defensive midfield players (or guys who give extra cover and bring the ball out from the back) and three attacking midfield just behind a lone striker. Stevenson has played wing and midfield and even on occasion as a fill-in striker. So he could take one of the wide positions or play in the middle just behind Doolan or another striker). That versatility makes him ideal for our attack as players are expect to switch positions throughout the game.

Who were the left back and centre halfs?

One a central midfielder, the other a big French lad who apparently has been capped by Togo. No named sorry. Game was switched at last minute as Cappielow was flooded. SOD played 2st half and Dale Keenan had a solid match. Not sure ho scored

If O'Donnell can get back challenging for selection then McMillan or Keenan can provide cover for the left back slot. I'd be happy enough with that if I knew an ATS replacement was been targeted. If that doesn't come to fruition then I guess Archie would either sign a competent left back or bring in someone on loan.

I think it was Wiljag that said elsewhere that we'll be very lucky to find anyone that could be described as a like for like replacement for ATS. I agree and that's mainly why I think a left sided experienced centre back would be far more advantageous than a more mobile Lee Mair. To date I can't mind either an up and down the park left back or a left sided centre back with the necessary pedigree being mentioned as a serious signing. Patience required methinks.

To date I can't mind either an up and down the park left back or a left sided centre back with the necessary pedigree being mentioned as a serious signing. Patience required methinks.

There was a rumour Tesselar was free to leave Killie, which I don't think came to fruition.

The standard name would have been Danny Grainger, but he finds himself in Scotland's 3rd Tier.

AJ said he was a striker so I doubt it. More likely to be the middle guy that PK has linked to I'd guess.

Our Messi?- http://en.wikipedia....i/Kalen_Damessi

"Kalen Damessi (born 28 March 1990) is a Togolese international footballer who plays in France for Lille B, as a striker. Born in Toulouse, France, Damessi has played club football for Toulouse B, Jura Sud and Lille B.He made his international debut for Togo in 2012."

Or Francis Kone who is a free agent? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Koné

"On 10 January 2014, he came back to Oman and signed a six-months contract with one of his former clubs, Al-Musannah SC."

Edited by kni

Took a walk up to Garscube this morning. The French/Togo guy is a young man -21 or 22? - about 6'1 or 6'2. Difficult to see how good he might be from warm ups and ball exercises, but he does seem to have very quick feet for a big guy!

(Googled the names Damessi and Kone. Pretty sure it wasn't Damessi, might have been Kone.)

Edited by Firhillista