Piccolo

jlsarmy

Sometimes can't really believe this forum, must be the pre season boredom.

Passed by Garscube on saturday, all the players except injured few (Bannigan, Welsh) took part in training and were having a good laugh with each other and the management team between sets, Gabby and a few others completed all training and got changed when the game set up was worked on for those travelling to Belfast on Sunday.

Had a chat with him when I met him later down the clydeside, seemed in good form, players move on big wow.

I can't believe that posted such a patronising load of nonsense! It's obvious from your comments that Piccolo has not moved on.

Supporters, the club's customers, are entitled to ask why he has not appeared in any pre-season games. Piccolo is still training with the squad and being paid from the proceeds of their season ticket payments.

Since you claim to have had a chat with Piccolo on Saturday, did you bother to ask him why he has not even been on the bench for the pre-season games? A fully fit and committed player would be devastated to be left out.

Hey kni, this supporter is still waiting for you to apologise or provide proof of how I give folk here abuse.

Are you still on about that? It was a months ago so I've forgotten. If you want an apology, you can have one.

Yeah still on about it. Shame that during your break you haven't learned any respect or manners. Rude as ever.

I have both respect and manners but don't tolerate the trolls. I may have mistaken you for someone else and, if so, I apologise.

Supporters, the club's customers, are entitled to ask why he has not appeared in any pre-season games. Piccolo is still training with the squad and being paid from the proceeds of their season ticket payments.

No denying that but the Club (in this case the management) are equally entitled to ignore such questions. Their first and foremost responsibility is to manage. And forget about the paying customer pish. Would you demand to know from your local pub owner why a barmaid has had her hours cut?

• Like 1

Can't understand the love-in for Piccolo!! He is a Bombscare and only improved by being dumped on the bench. Even when he came on to help the defense he was a liability. Dreadful in the air, constantly ball watching, man-marking non existent. Not good enough by a long way!!!!

got to agree with this. for me the guy is nowhere near good enough, even for a championship team. just a pity he was signed on a 2 year deal and could sit in the stands picking up a wage we cant afford to waste.

Again from Facebook/Twitter, Gabby is wanted on a 6 month loan by Hearts, Hibs and Swindon! Seems unlikely to me.

Swindon did have Aaron Sekhon on trial who was a complete and utter donkey too so it's not out with the realms of possibility that they might be interested...

Again from Facebook/Twitter, Gabby is wanted on a 6 month loan by Hearts, Hibs and Swindon! Seems unlikely to me.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt, but a loan at Hibs or Hearts would be great for him, a good level to get used to the Scottish game and some high profile matches in Edinburgh derbies and against the unwashed.

My reading of the situation is that the player believes he should be in the team. On return from break, he sought assurances/improved contract. This was rightly rejected and the player was told he needed to improve/establish himself.

Clearly from that point on, something happened which meant he was dropped from Spain trip and is now clearly out of favour.

Maybe Archie felt the attitude shown wasn't what was required?

Edited: my understanding is that the player knew nothing of a loan move, when the Chairman told fans.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

My reading of the situation is that the player believes he should be in the team. On return from break, he sought assurances/improved contract. This was rightly rejected and the player was told he needed to improve/establish himself.

Clearly from that point on, something happened which meant he was dropped from Spain trip and is now clearly out of favour.

Maybe Archie felt the attitude shown wasn't what was required?

Edited: my understanding is that the player knew nothing of a loan move, when the Chairman told fans.

If that was the case, and the player was not aware, he would have every right to go to the players union with a grievance.

In any other walk of life that's gross misconduct.

No offence to the boy but as been mentioned earlier, he was a panic buy. Came into the team and totally unsettled an average but competent defence. The Gabbo can`t read a game, his distribution is poor and he can`t tackle, he is certainly out of his depth in this league and may disappear out of sight if goes out on loan. We must make better use of our own home grown boys, because there is now way you can possibly justify Gab jumping ahead of anyone to get into the team. If in doupt check the goal McFadden srored against us last season and Gabbys contribution. speaks for itself.

Maybe it could be that Archie doesn't think he is good enough and the club have offered to buy out his remainder of the contract. It happens all the time in football. If the player doesn't like what he was offered, then he sits out the last yr or we get him out on loan and it frees another wage up.

Thats the way I'm reading the situation.

No offence to the boy but as been mentioned earlier, he was a panic buy. Came into the team and totally unsettled an average but competent defence. The Gabbo can`t read a game, his distribution is poor and he can`t tackle, he is certainly out of his depth in this league and may disappear out of sight if goes out on loan. We must make better use of our own home grown boys, because there is now way you can possibly justify Gab jumping ahead of anyone to get into the team. If in doupt check the goal McFadden srored against us last season and Gabbys contribution. speaks for itself.

You could have made the best point in the world there but nobody will read it cause of the font.

• Like 4

Not going to argue whether Piccolo is good enough or not, but he played 17 times out of 38 games, so he can hardly be totally responsible for our loss of 65 goals last season. Watching Thistle home and away last season the two biggest culprits in our defence were Balatoni ( think he wore slippers for 3/4s of the season the amount of times he slipped) but he improved after Lee Mair signed and SODS who was caught in no mans land usually half way up the park , IMO the defence steadied when McMillan got in the team. Would Balatoni and O'Donnell have been shown the same patience if they hadn't been part of the Championship team , frankly I doubt it.

Not going to argue whether Piccolo is good enough or not, but he played 17 times out of 38 games, so he can hardly be totally responsible for our loss of 65 goals last season. Watching Thistle home and away last season the two biggest culprits in our defence were Balatoni ( think he wore slippers for 3/4s of the season the amount of times he slipped) but he improved after Lee Mair signed and SODS who was caught in no mans land usually half way up the park , IMO the defence steadied when McMillan got in the team. Would Balatoni and O'Donnell have been shown the same patience if they hadn't been part of the Championship team , frankly I doubt it.

Quite agree

I don't really care about the details on Piccoli ....if Archie wants him out that's fine ....he's judged on his decisions but I'd be surprised if he thought balatoni/muirhead/McMillan were good enough ..... At the moment surprisingly our defence is his weak spot

Average goals conceded per game with Piccolo 2.28

Average goals conceded per game without Piccolo 1.33

Now that's not to say he was the only one at fault, but the defence as a unit was weaker with him.

could you do the same with Scott Fox and Paul Gallagher ?

Ember, I seem to remember someone coming out with that sort of stat last season but when you drilled down to the time he was actually on the park, there wasn't much difference.

Sorry, but that isn't true. He was only substituted once all season; against St Mirren (09/11).