Welcome... Osman

mhs

http://ptfc.co.uk/ne...aian_midfielder

Quite a good playing career, hope he does well for us and best of luck to him!

Crewe said the following of him (from Wiki):

As noted on Crewe Alexandra's website, he is called "a powerful and robust central midfielder". Osman is known for his defensive work rate, team work, tackling, strength and stamina.

Edited by mhs
  • Like 1

For those who seen him on Saturday, is he a defensive midfielder or an attacking one?

Mostly defensive from what I saw of Abdul. He was hindered on Saturday playing alongside the Algerian lad. The latter was a less than mobile (fit?) box to box midfielder. Regardless of ability playing two trialists in centre mid was far from ideal so I imagine Archie was near signing him at that stage. I noted elsewhere that he might not be that robust. Now knowing his background and the fact friendlies are hardly the place for steaming in I'm likely to be off the mark (again!).

He has definitely fast feet and looks mobile. Most around me on Saturday were surprised to see him getting hooked at half time as he was impressing the majority of us. We now know why.

He gives us a different option to both Bannigan and Fraser and that is what we needed. He looked good on Saturday and I was surprised to see him go off as I would have liked to take a longer look at him.

I am sure Archie has had tapes sent up from down south so he will know how he is in competitive games.

He has a good range of passing and has good feet for a big guy. He will have to do well to be better that Ozzy though!

I expect Barr to sign soon as well.

Edited by Alan Murray

Welcome Abdul and all the best at firhill

Slightly off topic here but does anyone know if the smart training top he is wearing in the picture on the official website is being sold in the jags shop?

It seems I had only to ask on the forum and it's advertised already with Abdul modelling it :thumbsup2:

http://www.teamwearscotland.com/partick-thistle-replica-store/520-partick-thistle-terra-t-shirt-.html

Can he play left back, centre back or centre forward is all I want to know? No. Oh well then.

How many players was Archie quoted as saying he'd like to bring in? Was it five? Six? If so, I'd expect that to be a left back, two centre backs, a defensive midfielder, an attacking midfielder and a striker.

That's the attacking and defensive midfielders ticked off.

How many players was Archie quoted as saying he'd like to bring in? Was it five? Six? If so, I'd expect that to be a left back, two centre backs, a defensive midfielder, an attacking midfielder and a striker.

That's the attacking and defensive midfielders ticked off.

You're maybe missing the point, DP. It's the order Archie brings in the players in that counts. He should bring in a left back, then a centre back (or two we're told), then a centre forward and so on. Our manager has clearly lost the plot in signing players out of the sequence laid down by the authorities on here.

• Like 1