Looking Good For Celtic

BowenBoys

As soon as the banned player enters the pitch, he has played a part in achieving the victory. It's clear that Billko is trying to make case for Legia being reinstated at the expense of Celtic whom Sevco's hoards of knuckle-draggers hate with sectarian venom. Do you understand now?

I'm certainly beginning to understand the extent of some peoples hatred on this forum.

Then surely these H8ns must hate their own team for the same reasons? :P Or is it because they've come down in the world they can do that?

Haha, fair enough! I only commented to stop the tarring of all with the same big brush! No deviation from thread subject intended.

http://www.nytimes.c...d=fb-share&_r=1

The sectarian New York Times (Those knuckle draggers who hate with sectarian venom are everywhere) :rolleyes:

There are lots of Irish Americans who support Celtic in New York City. Not an influence on NYT journalists?

Remember NORAID which raised $ millions for the IRA in NYC? Try wearing your Rangers scarf in an Irish bar in the Big Apple. There is, of course, no sectarianism there and they will welcome you with open arms. :happy2:

Edited by kni

There are lots of Irish Americans who support Celtic in New York City. The Big Apple was a major source of donations to the IRA. Try wearing your Rangers strip in a Celtic bar! :thumbsup2:

Did this just go right over you head kni?

They have an opinion similar to mine but are they spouting sectarian venom?

Thanks for the info on NY and will keep that in mind next time i'm in NY wearing my Rangers strip and sash. :rolleyes:

Do you know what bars i should stay away from? :P

There are lots of Irish Americans who support Celtic in New York City. Not an influence on NYT journalists?

Remember NORAID which raised $ millions for the IRA in NYC? Try wearing your Rangers scarf in an Irish bar in the Big Apple. There is, of course, no sectarianism there and they will welcome you with open arms. :happy2:

Did this just go right over you head kni?

They have an opinion similar to mine but are they spouting sectarian venom?

Thanks for the info on NY and will keep that in mind next time i'm in NY wearing my Rangers strip and sash. :rolleyes:

Do you know what bars i should stay away from? :P

You edited your whole post :D

What about the Sporting Integrity aspect?

Surely Legia have a case or is that spouting sectarian venom again?

You edited your whole post :D

What about the Sporting Integrity aspect?

Surely Legia have a case or is that spouting sectarian venom again?

Sporting integrity wasn't broken as the rules were followed - to the letter. There might be a case for campaigning for something more of a sliding scale in the punishment depending on the situation - after all rules can sometimes turn out to be not as well thought out as they should be (SFA take note) but according to the rules Legia have to go out. Apart from that you have to be careful if you do go down the road of amending the rule as you might leave loopholes to be exploited by clubs.

I might add, Legia do themselves no favours trying to embarrass Celtic into dropping out. UEFA would probably hammer them if they did. I'd guess this partly about the Legia board trying to deflect fan anger from their own blunder. They must know they've got next to no chance with this.

• Like 1

I might add, Legia do themselves no favours trying to embarrass Celtic into dropping out. UEFA would probably hammer them if they did. I'd guess this partly about the Legia board trying to deflect fan anger from their own blunder. They must know they've got next to no chance with this.

Pretty much the way I see it.

Celtic have done nothing wrong here - Legia messed up administratively and should be addressing why they did so inside their own organisation. They could start by reading the rules and learning to convert penalties.

Celtic are quite right to maintain a dignified silence over this matter.

If they continue to do so, it would be the single most significant example of cognitive dissonance I can ever recall.

Sporting integrity wasn't broken as the rules were followed - to the letter. There might be a case for campaigning for something more of a sliding scale in the punishment depending on the situation - after all rules can sometimes turn out to be not as well thought out as they should be (SFA take note) but according to the rules Legia have to go out. Apart from that you have to be careful if you do go down the road of amending the rule as you might leave loopholes to be exploited by clubs.

I totally agree that Celtic have done nothing wrong here but only question the severity of the punishment handed down by UEFA

I also agree that Legia are not doing themselves any favours with their latest actions and it's all a bit desperate on their part.

I suppose getting any representative of Scottish football into a later stage (or an early stage depending how you look at it) of a European competition is good for the game, but i just think it's all a little bit embarrassing considering the results in both games.

I totally agree that Celtic have done nothing wrong here but only question the severity of the punishment handed down by UEFA

I also agree that Legia are not doing themselves any favours with their latest actions and it's all a bit desperate on their part.

I suppose getting any representative of Scottish football into a later stage (or an early stage depending how you look at it) of a European competition is good for the game, but i just think it's all a little bit embarrassing considering the results in both games.

Yes they were right royally (sorry) and very amusingly horsed over both legs.

But why should Celtic feel embarrassed because a professional football club competing in the Champions League failed to fill out their paperwork properly?

Legia Warsaw should feel embarrassed for their incompetence, and this from someone who is no apologist for the east end ugly one.

They got lucky, but through no fault, or jiggery pokery of their own.

Legia Warsaw are the embarrassment here, for having made such a schoolboy error in the first place, and also for their statements yesterday (if accurately translated).

• Like 1

Yes they were right royally (sorry) and very amusingly horsed over both legs.

But why should Celtic feel embarrassed because a professional football club competing in the Champions League failed to fill out their paperwork properly?

Legia Warsaw should feel embarrassed for their incompetence, and this from someone who is no apologist for the east end ugly one.

They got lucky, but through no fault, or jiggery pokery of their own.

Legia Warsaw are the embarrassment here, for having made such a schoolboy error in the first place, and also for their statements yesterday (if accurately translated).

Can't really argue with that BR

I don't see the problem here, one team screwed up its paperwork and as anyone who's ever played or coached the game at any level could tell you the one thing you don't bugger about with is fielding Ineligible players for whatever reason. The severe penalties for falling to comply are universally understood. Apart from, perhaps the corridors of Hampden when they impinge against Govan's finest. The actions of Legia Warsaw, are nothing more than a smokescreen. In my and UEFA's view, Celtic are entirely blameless, on this matter.

Edited by stillresigned

I would suggest that the perception (such as it is) of a tinge of "sectarian venom" is because you seem unduly agitated by the seeming unfaurness of it all, whilst no-one else really gives a sh1t...

Well Celtic fans and the like don't give a sh1t Crazy Davie but it's made news everywhere with alot of folk thinking it's a bit unfair on Legia

I'm sure the vast majority of these folk are not sectarian at all but can just see the bigger picture here.

Point me to when i was agitated or are you making things up again Crazy Davie?

My crime for being accused of spouting sectarian venom was to think and say the punishment didn't fit the crime.

I still think this but it's directed at UEFA and not Celtic

Do you get it now?

In most walks of life any infringement of "the rules" is punished on the basis was there any attempted to gain an advantage or it can be shown that a genuine administrative error was made. An easy judgement can be made in this case.

But as we all know that Uefa and Fifa orbit in an entirely different universe.

I can see UEFA's dilemma here. The punishment certainly seems disproportionate to the crime but what else are they supposed to do? There needs to be a line drawn somewhere, a set of rules which if broken at all need to be addressed.

They can't have a rule, with a thousand sub-rules saying 'if a team are pumping a team 6-1 and the guy is on the pitch less than 5 mins the this rule-breaking will be overlooked'.

Where does it end?

There needs to be a line somewhere.

Well Celtic fans and the like don't give a sh1t Crazy Davie but it's made news everywhere with alot of folk thinking it's a bit unfair on Legia

I'm sure the vast majority of these folk are not sectarian at all but can just see the bigger picture here.

Point me to when i was agitated or are you making things up again Crazy Davie?

My crime for being accused of spouting sectarian venom was to think and say the punishment didn't fit the crime.

I still think this but it's directed at UEFA and not Celtic

Do you get it now?

The point I was trying to make was...

Everyone thinks it's unfair but hey-ho.

You also think it's unfair and seem to be getting all agitated about it.

And that is why, I believe, there is a perception (such as it is) of "sectarian venom".

Do you get it now?

Edited by crazy davie