Sick In The Basin . . . Will Return

The Sunnylaw Jag

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water . . . like a bad smell we will return. Although we had hoped for an opening day of the season issue due to the Commonwealth Games there has to be a delay. Well, not really the Commonwealth games but a sporting injury of sorts.

Our much maligned Editor in Chief i.e. Alex Frew aka Fritz has a had a lot of bad luck over the summer. First of all, he had a heart attack, possibly action delayed from the events of the last few weeks of the season or perhaps all that drinking and general carousing got to him. Anyhow, he has been recovering since but further to this came the sporting injury.

Well, that's what he's claiming. After a day of indulging in the gentle sport of fishing and perhaps a beer or two, Mr. Frew whilst walking through a dark alley of East Kilbride, decided to fall over a loose spar in some railings, resulting in a rather nasty fall incurring injuries to his face, his ribs and apparently his glasses, which would suggest a new prescription is needed.

And of course, anybody who has asked him about him his computer knows it's not working to full capacity. He has been waiting ages to get it fixed. Anyhoo, all this and more has led to a delay in getting a fanzine out there. We are hoping for a August 23rd issue. So any contributions would be welcome. Fritz has also promised from now on the fanzine will be politics free zone. (Not sure how long that will last).

You may remember we had hoped to get the first issue reprinted, however due to all of the above or laziness or indeed cash flow problems this has not been possible. What is now possible is to buy all the other issues i.e 2 - 8 at the reduced price of £1 with postage at £1, with an extra 30p for up to 7 issues. Overseas buyers please pm for details as should anyone else who wants a copy.

Okay, if that wasn't enough to be getting on with. I did post over the summer that a Scotland fanzine will be on it's way. It is now with the printers and is a bumper 48 page edition and will look more like a programme than SITB. This has contributions from Robert Marshall, myself and Alan Nelson all from SITB and some others from around the country also. Further details will follow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It will return . . but not quite yet. Editorial issues have arisen i.e. Fritz has not quite got round to piecing it together despite me haranguing him for the last fortnight. So it will now be September 19th and the St. Mirren game it will go on sale.

In the meantime if you wish to contribute to future issues either contact myself by pm or to Fritz himself at [email protected]

Of course, this does mean we will be pushing the Scotland Epistles, Bullshit & Thistles fanzine this weekend once again. It is selling like oatcakes on eBay, whatever that means. Further to this, it now has a Facebook page.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCOTLAND-EPISTLES-BULLSHIT-THISTLES-NEW-TARTAN-ARMY-FANZINE-MAGAZINE-/380977766150?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

You know for a man who is proclaiming his love for the word 'Yes' at the moment, the man Fritz has turned into a Nawbag when I asked him about the new Basin being out this week. So once again we all have to wait for the first issue of the season. Hopefully Tuesday . . but who knows. I have warned Fritz that I will take matters inot my own hands and produce my own fanzine called 'Stick it up yer Basin' if he doesn't produce the goods soon. Of course if anyone can fix his damn computer or indeed donate a new one to him please feel free to do so.