Can We Please Put A Stop To Similar Chants...

potty trained

The Millwall chant is not sectarian. The 'Jimmy Saville, he's one of your own' chant when aimed at Celtic fans can be interpeted in two ways. One, that you are referring to 'one of your own' as a reference to the Celtic Boys Club scandal is not sectarian. The other, that you are referring to 'one of your own' as the catholic church, is sectarian. In all cases they're pretty distatsteful and thoughtless when you consider the large numbers of people directly affected by sexual abuse.

• Like 1

so the only time it would have been construed as sectarian was if sung at Celtic fans, and if in the singers head, they were referring to 'one of your own' as the catholic church.

Apart from that one time, no other way it's sectarian.

Regardless, as OTIG says, the song is embarrassing, utter shite and obviously in very poor taste.

Been told from a reliable source that the police will come down hard if they hear any chanting of puns emanating from the North Stand. That goes for ambiguously worded banners as well.

Yes, puns should be banned from all public places ;)

Yes, they should be a punishable offence.

As someone who was brought up a Roman Catholic I find it personally insulting as it basically gives the impression that like Saville all Catholics are paedophiles and that is about as plainly dectarian as you can gey.

Why did singing that song give the impression all Catholics are paedophiles?

It was sung in the first division, and very occasionally last season.

Why did singing that song give the impression all Catholics are paedophiles?

It was sung in the first division, and very occasionally last season.

Exactly. Where has this 'anti-catholic' accusation come from? I'm not a fan of the song myself, but fail to see how it's derogatory to the Catholic faith.

Seems like a bit of paranoia to me.

• Like 1