Danny Seaborne

Mediocre Pundit

Looked very vocal with the rest of the defence, and also on at least one occasion with fox which was good to see. Comfortable on the ball and seemed to want to play out of defence when he could which fits in with our style. Other than the one where he tried to let it go out and got caught and am occasional lack of communication, which is to be fully expected, I thought he had a solid debut although he wasn't tested hugely. Hopefully he can continue like that on Saturday.

Thought he was solid, if uninspiring, although he had next to nothing to deal with. Seems to be comfortable with the ball at his feet and aside from one or two attempted "Hollywood passes", he seems to fit in well with the way we play. I thought him and Balatoni were arguing with each other on one or two occasions but their understanding of each other's games should come in time. Looks to be quite a handy acquisition.

Thought he had a good game. Bare in mind he arrived 2 days ago, the fact that he was organising the defence and being so vocal was great.

Some good distribution from the back too. Great through ball for O'Donnell in the first half which led to Fraser hitting the post.

He will definitely face tougher games than that this season, but it will have been great for his confidence to start with a home win and a clean sheet.

It's amazing how two people can see the game in completely different ways. I thought he was commanding in the air and comfortable in possession. The only issues were due to miscommunication, which is to be expected. He looks like a good addition to me.

Yeah, perhaps I'm being harsh but I was nervous every time it was near him. He looked to me to be standing far too far off his man and would have liked to see him do better in the air.

Communication with Balatoni was especially poor but it was their first game together so that is understandable. A couple of needless wayward passes as well but maybe trying to impress too much.

Anyway, as I said - too early to fully judge yet. Let's hope he goes on to be a top player for us.

I thought he had a good game. As Ian Mac said it was a lovely pass he played to SOD first half, and one Balatoni wouldn't have been able to play when he was in the left centre back spot.

We really should start becoming a real threat at corners with Osman, Stevenson and Seaborne in the team. And as someone pointed out, three guys who have been captain at previous sides.

Think it's no coincidence we coasted the game out last night, rather than starting to panic.

I thought he had a good game. As Ian Mac said it was a lovely pass he played to SOD first half, and one Balatoni wouldn't have been able to play when he was in the left centre back spot.

We really should start becoming a real threat at corners with Osman, Stevenson and Seaborne in the team. And as someone pointed out, three guys who have been captain at previous sides.

Think it's no coincidence we coasted the game out last night, rather than starting to panic.

Wrong thread really but Abdul is very good in the air winning more balls than a midfielder should. Incidentally that's an often overlooked ability Welsh has and I sense something we've been missing. Someone good in the air in midfield reduces the chances of drawing out the likes of Balatoni and doesn't stretch the back four.

Back on topic and agreeing with Arch, I'd like to think we'll be taken far more seriously at corners and attacking set pieces playing the likes of Seaborne and Osman. I realise for a big centreback Seaborne hasn't much of a goalscoring history, which I find a tad strange. That tho' only tells half a story and his presence alone and assists could have been responsible for many a goal.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I thought it was a solid start. Looked comfortable enough on the ball, got stuck in and wasn't afraid to mix it up in the box. As stated, a few games in the side will help the communication and understanding, but not enough to form an opinion as yet. I get the feeling that a forward with a turn of pace could leave him standing, but that'll be a test of his positional sense and we will judge that when he's tested.