Tonights Game

Genuine concerns? Every single "concern" shown up to be bollocks. What tonight proved is that some fans know the square root of fvck all about football. Good to see the manager and the team stick it to the critics tonight. Long may it continue. And with that, I'll leave you all to it.

Enjoy the season

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa
  • Like 3

Just in from the game...absolutely loved it.

Thought Banzo's goal and wee Gary with a side foot were brilliant.

We have a very decent team by the looks of things, I'll bet dross go on to do reasonably well. They looked not too bad going forward but we ran their defence ragged and they just couldn't cope.

Well done to Archie and the lads. They did us all proud, every man!

Don't know what surpised me the most our margin of victory or Amams' magnaminity post-match. Its starting to be a nice habit, thumping County in August! Like everyone else I thought we wereexcellent tonight and could indeed have won by a greater margin.

Not one single failure in our line-up indeed it was one of those nights when the entire team played well,. but special mention must go to Fraser for a tremendous shift

absolute tremendous tonight. I was worried before the game looking at the team sheet, I couldn't believe Gallacher and Doolan didn't start and wasn't that confident starting with seaborne after him only training for 2 days but credit to Archie for picking the right team. 2 superb saves from Fox, big Seaborne looked good at the back after being here for such a short time. McMillan was superb aswell. really impressed with big Osman, he looks like a class act. Fraser was immense, I love how he just let's rip anytime he's within 20 yards of goal. really happy for Lawless getting back in the team and playing well. Big Steevo played well and gave us a physical presence upfront and roughed up their defenders. don't want to get too over excited after one game but now that this home hoodoo is put to bed after one game then hopefully we can push on and stay well clear of eleventh.

• Like 1

Outstanding result, outstanding performance. And only the first game of the season.......wait till the team really gets going!!!!

Full credit to Archie, Shaggy and the players.

I nearly crashed the car when I heard Adams praising us, which was immediately after Dick Dung praising us.

Fox: 8. Got to give him a high score for that reaction save at 2-0 - unbelievable. Steady otherwise with a couple of other good saves. County had a chance where he came then retreated, but otherwise no faults.

O'Donnell: 9. Back to his best, I'm assuming he's worked on his crossing in pre-season as it was great tonight. Up and down the flank all night and took his goal well.

Balatoni: 7. Not really troubled, barely noticed him to be honest.

Seaborne: 7. Again, not tested much.

McMillan: 9. You'd never think he's not a natural left-back on that showing. Got forward a fair bit and solid at the back.

Osman: 9. Solid as a rock - looks a great signing. So composed, so relaxed, so good at his job. Nothing flashy about him, just won the ball and gave it short to someone else.

Fraser: 10. Immense. Pinging pin-point balls around that pitch all day long. Grabbed a goal and had a few other decent efforts. The midfield worked very well tonight.

Bannigan: 9. Opened the scoring and put in a great attacking shift. Delighted for him - more goals please!

Higginbotham: 7. Had decent spells but not at his brilliant best. It's so refreshing to see how often he looks to take on his man though. Since 9 times out of 10 he's got them on toast.

Lawless: 7. Grew into the game I felt. Some nice wee flashes but often crowded out when dribbling.

Stevenson: 7. Might take him a while to gel with our style of play, but another who I felt grew into it. At the start it looked like we had two left-wingers in Higgy and Stevo, will be interested to see him in the No.10 behind Doolan. Good choice of captain.

Well that was very good!

At times we played some brilliant football with Fraser's passing quite magnificent and Bannigan excellent, well supported by Osman who looked a combination of the best qualities of Osbourne & Bauben. I was particularly pleased so see Fox, O'Donnell & Lawless having really good games - I like them all as players and think they have been unfairly rubbished by some. Higgy was his usual self - brilliant & daft - I thought it looked easier for him to go round the keeper than fall over his hand so wasn't outraged when we didn't get a penalty. Stevenson looked a bit of a square peg though...and not notably fit.

County were dreadful at the back - both full backs were awful. I'm glad our club;s policy is not to bring in big groups of unexceptional foreign journeymen. They did have quite a few chances though and judgement reseved on Balatoni & Seabourne as the central defensive partnership - they were ok and it's early days. Shut out mainly down to one phenomenal and another excellent save from Fox. McMillan was good too.

Last year we outplayed several teams at Firhill but didn't beat them. We scored good goals tonight - hope it continues.

• Like 1

Osman is there to allow Fraser and Bannigan to push forward which they did brilliantly, if all you can say "he was tidy" then you should be apologising.

Utterly bizarre.

I called last night our most complete performance in well over a year and picked out two players particularly worthy of praise; Fraser and Osman. I really don't understand why you think calling someone 'very tidy' and potentially better than Osbourne is a negative.

Am so pleased and happy to see a much improved performance from Stevie Lawless , the whole team seem to have found that spark they had in our championship year , playing with so much confidence and style , our younger players will do us proud this season along with an experienced ( albeit only one season) top flight group of energetic footballers , I can see good things happening once again at the Stadium of thrills , lets hear it for the Jags !!

Wow.

Best I've seen us play at home since the 5-1 Dunfermline game... and of course this is at a higher level.

Brilliant passing throughout the team (Fraser superb); controlled the midfield, made loads of chances, comfortable at the back. Osman looks a real find too.

Mon the Jags!!

Is this the best start to a season in living memory? At home anyway. I remember a 3-1 against St Mirren in the old 1st (my memory is rubbish mind you.

There were 5-1 and 7-0 wins over Berwick Rangers (2009 and 1995) but this is the best start to the league for 32 years:- Aug 1982 East Stirlingshire 4-0.

There were 5-1 and 7-0 wins over Berwick Rangers (2009 and 1995) but this is the best start to the league for 32 years:- Aug 1982 East Stirlingshire 4-0.

The East Stirling game in August 1982 was a League Cup game.

The last time we opened a League Campaign with a 4 goal victory was 1970/71, as has already been pointed out by The Jukebox Rebel.

Just one thing im unclear about, higgy takes the baw by the keeper and goes down without claiming for a penalty and lawless keeps the baw in play. Why was the game then stopped and him booked when the chance was still there?

The only sour moment for me. You could tell it was a dive from the North Stand and it looks worse every time I see it. I don't want to see our players cheating and there's no doubt that Higgy's dive was an attempt to do that.

We were outstanding tonight. County were woeful but we would've beaten anyone in this league with the way we played tonight, and I include Celtic. All four goals were incredibly well worked, and I don't think I've seen a ball as good as Fraser's to O'Donnell for the fourth in a long, long time. McMillan filled in the left-back slot comfortably, and although we do still need to sign a left-back, I don't think we have any issues if we have to use him there at all this season. O'Donnell was more like the player we saw in the first half of the promotion season and our midfield three were immense. Lawless and Higginbotham playing either side of Stevenson or Doolan is the way we should be starting every week when we're at our strongest as I thought they all linked together really well.

One or two more signings and our squad will be ready with decent strength in depth for a long season. If anyone thinks we're getting relegated based on the performance tonight, then they need to have a look at themselves. We should be comfortably safe if we play even half as good as that every week.