Seabourne?

Chris

Seabourne hardly trained this week, but was given until the proverbial last minute to prove his fitness. No big conspiracy.

I don't believe anyone thinks there's some kind of conspiracy, but it's simply not good enough for the club to fail to communicate on issues like this. The player we all hoped would shore up an inexperienced defence doesn't play or appear on the bench and we're still speculating as to why the day after the game? We sign another centre back (presumably to also support said inexperienced defence) and we immediately put him out on loan to another team without letting the supporters know what the thinking behind this is. Not good enough. Who's responsible for communications/PR within the club? Is anyone? If we want to be seen as a serious professional club then we need to get this sorted.

I don't believe anyone thinks there's some kind of conspiracy, but it's simply not good enough for the club to fail to communicate on issues like this. The player we all hoped would shore up an inexperienced defence doesn't play or appear on the bench and we're still speculating as to why the day after the game? We sign another centre back (presumably to also support said inexperienced defence) and we immediately put him out on loan to another team without letting the supporters know what the thinking behind this is. Not good enough. Who's responsible for communications/PR within the club? Is anyone? If we want to be seen as a serious professional club then we need to get this sorted.

Ridiculous post.

• Like 1

Laughable. The guy was injured. Why would you tell anyone in advance?

The players/staff have a strict code re discussing the team. My son was mascot v Hibs last season. I asked James Craigen at 1.40 if he was playing. He couldn't tell me because he wasn't allowed to.

It's called professionalism.

So why when then not put on the official account at 2pm he's injured. Instead it says he dropped out.

Professionalism is something you can't say runs through our club top to bottom.

Poor social media/website updates.

Mr Beattie telling all & sundry in Spain about Gabby.

Promises made by GM about issues being sorted then not happening very next game.

North Stand debacle at end of last season.

& that's off top of my head.

Laughable. The guy was injured. Why would you tell anyone in advance?

The players/staff have a strict code re discussing the team. My son was mascot v Hibs last season. I asked James Craigen at 1.40 if he was playing. He couldn't tell me because he wasn't allowed to.

It's called professionalism.

We mentioned the other injuries so why not him, by posting "Drops out" leads all to believe he's been left out for whatever reason (Form/attitude/behavior) not what you want to hear on a player who has only been here a week

Why do you say that? What's not true!

I don't see why the club has to inform the fans straight away about a players injury, we haven't heard about Welsh in months which I would say is more concerning than not releasing a statement or whatever to say "BTW our new CB is injured, Hamilton please make plans that do not involve him". The person updating the website will most probably not know why Seaborne wasn't playing, hence the language used. I'd imagine Archie is a little busy to call someone regarding the team that's put online & the reasons given for a players absence.

I don't see why the club has to inform the fans straight away about a players injury, we haven't heard about Welsh in months which I would say is more concerning than not releasing a statement or whatever to say "BTW our new CB is injured, Hamilton please make plans that do not involve him". The person updating the website will most probably not know why Seaborne wasn't playing, hence the language used. I'd imagine Archie is a little busy to call someone regarding the team that's put online & the reasons given for a players absence.

It's nearly 24 hours since we threw away a 1-0 lead from the 85th minute of a game and there's till no explanation from the club as to why our first choice centre half wasn't playing. Is that not ridiculous enough for you? Or how about the post on the website welcoming our new centre half to the club but no mention of the fact we rate him so highly we've immediately put him out on loan. Don't you think the club has ANY responsibilty to tell the supporters anything, or is that just too 'ridiculous' for you?

When Welsh went injured a year ago, he was mentioned in the missing (injured/ suspended) list for selection, the next we should hear is "Available for selection after a long injury" a simple "Took a knock and is doubtful / missing" clears a lot up for the fans and instead of questioning Archies selections we are understanding his rational behind it

We mentioned the other injuries so why not him, by posting "Drops out" leads all to believe he's been left out for whatever reason (Form/attitude/behavior) not what you want to hear on a player who has only been here a week

McMillan was obviously out due to the injury he picked up, in a league match that all our competitors would have seen. If Seaborne was injured, better and easier to keep that a secret.

I really can't understand the criticism of the club here. For all we know, the guy could have had a family emergency and it isn't something he wants known publicly. Anyway, it seems it is probably an injury.

If there is anything to criticise, it is the depth we have in defence, which has been exposed this weekend.

McMillan was obviously out due to the injury he picked up, in a league match that all our competitors would have seen. If Seaborne was injured, better and easier to keep that a secret.

I really can't understand the criticism of the club here. For all we know, the guy could have had a family emergency and it isn't something he wants known publicly. Anyway, it seems it is probably an injury.

If there is anything to criticise, it is the depth we have in defence, which has been exposed this weekend.

Your last point is correct and it's a worry!

I don't think it would be over intrusive or unprofessional for the club to add a footnote to the comments prior to a game saying, for example: "x is not in Archie's selection plans for today due to a knock picked up in training / personal reasons."

I think that would a reasonable announcement to issue to fans, particularly of a player who's only just arrived at the club, played straight away and then evaporated all within 10 days or so. Even the most fervent advocates of data protection shouldn't be too troubled by that I would've thought.

I don't think it would be over intrusive or unprofessional for the club to add a footnote to the comments prior to a game saying, for example: "x is not in Archie's selection plans for today due to a knock picked up in training / personal reasons."

I think that would a reasonable announcement to issue to fans, particularly of a player who's only just arrived at the club, played straight away and then evaporated all within 10 days or so. Even the most fervent advocates of data protection shouldn't be too troubled by that I would've thought.

Or to say something after the game ?!

If that was true why are we always told if players are a doubt in the press the same as ever other team? By that logic Sean Welsh could be raring to go but Archie could be not choosing to pick him.

I take your point on game day in regard to tactics/line up but there is no consistency in what you're saying.

Six weeks should see him back strutting his stuff.

Nothing in the papers I got today about why Danny wasn't playing at the weekend. Very poor from the club not keeping its lifeblood (us!) up to scratch about why our new signing was MIA on Saturday and whether it's going to be a long term thing, or something more sinister. Those on here, supposedly in the know, tell us he was injured. Would prefer to hear that from the boss to be honest!

Nothing in the papers I got today about why Danny wasn't playing at the weekend. Very poor from the club not keeping its lifeblood (us!) up to scratch about why our new signing was MIA on Saturday and whether it's going to be a long term thing, or something more sinister. Those on here, supposedly in the know, tell us he was injured. Would prefer to hear that from the boss to be honest!

Is that some sort of injury that only affects left sided players?

• Like 1